Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It's Been 20 Years, Do You Still Watch And Remember?
(09-12-2020, 01:12 AM)ChiefD Wrote: I remember that day like it was yesterday. So many have forgotten it seems. I was a drilling reservist with the Navy Reserves back then, a low ranking E5. I was working at my civilian job as I call it. Started off like any ordinary day. Beautiful weather, and I was sitting at my desk listening to the radio. Music was interrupted for a special bulletin that a plane had crashed into one of the World Trade Center towers. I remember hearing that and thought how awful that sounded. I was picturing a little Cessna or something. They said firemen were heading to where the plane crashed, and I got a shiver. I was kind of half listening to the radio, and half working. My hubby, who had the day off from his job, called me from home shortly after and asked if I heard about the plane crashing into one of the towers. I told him yeah, and how awful. Within a couple minutes into the phone conversation, my hubby shouted, swore, and dropped the phone on the floor. I heard the phone thud, and I was like “what’s going on, are you all right?”. He told me a second plane, a large passenger jet, crashed into the other tower. It felt like my heart froze into my chest. I knew then that we were under attack. 

The rest of the day was kind of a blur. Nobody in our office got any work done the rest of the day. One of the departments where I worked had a satellite TV, and it just kept showing the South tower crashing to the ground over and over, like an instant replay. I almost threw up. I was just in shock, was crying, angry, and wanted to punch someone. I recall attempting to call my reserve center to see if they needed any assistance. I wasn’t able to get through. Later that night, my unit commanding officer called me. They were doing a phone muster to account for everyone at the reserve center. He sounded so tired, and I remember hearing his baby screaming in the background. Just a horrific day. It changed things forever for many. 

Never Forget!

i was in the my old shop, talking with a customer when one guys of the from the business next door came over and told us that the first plane had hit. when i got done with helping my customer we walked over to their shop and watched the TV there and spent most of the day there. when we saw the second hit we all said at the same time it was a attack.

got home and called a couple of buddies that were still in the Corps and asked if they had been given any orders, they said they just were told to standby for deployment.
both went to afghanistan and iraq  both made it home alive and are now fat and happy at least that's what they say.

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's Been 20 Years, Do You Still Watch And Remember? - by drussell41 - 09-12-2020, 12:20 AM
RE: It's Been 20 Years, Do You Still Watch And Remember? - by hounddoghowlie - 09-12-2020, 01:52 AM