Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The year 2020 hit me in the form of a bus this time
(09-04-2020, 06:14 PM)Finspiracy Wrote: So I made a promise to @Snarl to write a thread about my experience of getting hit by a bus.

I am not disappointed!!  Doubly so that you're writing to us Rogues in English.  I knew it was gonna be a good war story.

Two weeks on the wagon, huh?  Good for you.

I smoked cigarettes for 25 years.  When I quit I was at three packs-a-day.  I almost always smoked outside so it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how that affected my work.  Not to mention most people didn't want to sit in the presence of someone who smells like an ashtray.  But, that was a good while back and smoking didn't necessarily turn one into a pariah.

I had a bunch of reasons to quit, but the one that drove it home was the price increase.  That pissed me off to the point where I said, "I quit." ... And I did.  I learned something I'll share with you.  It's not some shitty support group that'll save ya.  It's your will to quit.  Anything you don't really wanna let go of ... can be shed with this simple understanding:  You desire for it will fade and your cravings will soon distance themselves.  Relapse is unacceptable ... and you must make yourself believe that.

I'm sure those two weeks were the hardest.  Now that they're behind you, you should cherry-pick your way through other people's comments above.  I think they really meant the best for you and you should 'hear' what it is they're saying to you.  You're a young man with a good life ahead of you.  Don't drink and smoke it away.

You didn't die two weeks ago, because you were being dealt a second chance!!  Use it wisely.

Cheers,
Snarl
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!

Messages In This Thread
RE: The year 2020 hit me in the form of a bus this time - by Wallfire - 09-04-2020, 06:52 PM
RE: The year 2020 hit me in the form of a bus this time - by Wallfire - 09-04-2020, 07:46 PM
RE: The year 2020 hit me in the form of a bus this time - by Snarl - 09-05-2020, 03:45 AM
RE: The year 2020 hit me in the form of a bus this time - by Wallfire - 09-05-2020, 12:01 PM
RE: The year 2020 hit me in the form of a bus this time - by drussell41 - 09-05-2020, 08:51 AM
RE: The year 2020 hit me in the form of a bus this time - by Wallfire - 10-09-2020, 11:24 AM
RE: The year 2020 hit me in the form of a bus this time - by Wallfire - 10-09-2020, 11:41 AM