Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lets STOP With The Mask Charade Masquerade! Designing A New Medical Mask!
Thumbs Up 
(08-17-2020, 08:34 AM)gordi Wrote:
(08-16-2020, 07:07 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: A virus is much smaller than any spit or globs of mucus that can't penetrate a mask.  Even doctors have come out and said that these types of masks don't prevent a virus from penetrating it. 

RDoctorD went into detail showing how a virus can go through these types of masks with documents proving it.  If anyone is interested, go watch his video from a few weeks ago when the mask argument was at it's peak.

I was hoping that you'd say that @"Mystic Wanderer" !

Can you show me the mechanisms that you are aware of, that virus's use to travel from host to host?

I'll save you the trouble...
They are transferred from host to host by:
Direct contact (touching, hand-shaking, kissing, exchange of bodily fluids etc),
Indirect/Surface contact (where a host touches a surface and leaves traces of the virus on a surface which is then touched by the new host),
and by Transfer of respiratory droplets, (coughing, sneezing, talking/shouting/singing).
(Also, possibly/potentially by airborne transmission via some form of aerosol.)

In summary, to catch the virus, you have to come into contact with it.
It does not spread on its own, nor does not travel on its own.
It needs a transport mechanism to allow its transfer from host to host.
In most cases this is respiratory droplets.

It is true that (in theory) the size of a single virus means that it could pass through a cloth mask. But the virus cannot travel on its own. It does not have the means to move! It needs US to cough, sneeze, shake hands etc to enable its transfer. (That's why we should wash hands, and clean contact surfaces regularly too.)
If the virus is caught on a mask (within respiratory droplets), the "new" host would have to come into contact with the old host's mask in order to catch the virus!

The masks DO NOT stop the virus. They are not designed to do this.
They STOP the respiratory droplets that transfer the virus.
Without a transport mechanism, the virus can't travel.

A simple analogy would be that If a mail train broke down, its mail wouldn't be delivered to the destination (despite being able to fit through the doors/windows of the train).

As demonstrated in the (humorous) video that I linked...
A simple cloth mask will greatly reduce the amount of respiratory droplets that are released when a host is talking, breathing, coughing, sneezing etc
This greatly reduces the potential Transfer of the Virus by removing its primary mode of transport.

*NB - All re-usable cloth masks should be washed regularly to remove the respiratory droplets and potential viral contaminants.

kindest regards,
G
And it's simple as what "@gordi" has outlined.  Really not that hard

Regards,

Bally:)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lets STOP With The Mask Charade Masquerade! Designing A New Medical Mask! - by Bally002 - 08-17-2020, 08:56 AM