Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Biden picks Vice Presidential running mate - Kamala Harris
(08-14-2020, 02:05 AM)Snarl Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 05:09 PM)Ninurta Wrote: I'm at the point of just waiting for them, loaded rifle in hand, to come get 'em. Don't even care if I die, which is the most likely outcome - who wants to live in a totalitarian world anyhow? It's just a matter of how many I can take with me at this point.

Cops can hardly imagine what it would be like to try and aggress three or four competent marksmen moving through the woods.  Sit back 6-800 meters off a runway and poke holes in jet engines.  Shoot down the surrounding power lines and transformers.  You should'a seen what it was like in the Middle East taking on a hundred dudes up in the hills armed with AKs and RPGs.  Only thing that'd really put a hurting' on 'em was jets or artillery.

My point being ... you could go a long long time ... if you could eat everyday.

Cops around here are not under any illusions. A few years ago, one man with a rifle took down 4 of them trying to arrest him from the woods. They finally got him, but it cost them dearly. One of the dead deputies was the husband of a friend of mine.

Now imagine trying to get 3 or 4 of us and extract us from the woods, where we could create some cross-fire.

I actually trust my officers here. I believe them all to be smarter than to try participating in a gun grab. They understand the danger we can present when provoked, because they ARE us - it's not an "us" and "them" sort of situation here.

The State Police have a tactical team posted not too far from here, but it's nowhere near large enough to handle the sort of uprising that would occur if they tried to disarm folks here. It's orders of magnitude too small, and not a really trigger happy bunch either. I faced some of their men a few years ago when a 12 man SWAT team tried to enter my house in a hostile manner in a case of mistaken identity. They were at the wrong house, and I didn't know they were cops initially. That made for some tenseness. Yeah, I met them gun in hand, and no one shot me. They were disciplined, even through what was a pretty high pucker factor, and we all went to sleep in our respective beds alive and well that night.

That doesn't leave them any locals to work with. They'd have to import Federals, maybe some of those Marxist-leaning FBI folks, and I guarantee that wouldn't go well for the imports, who do not know the lay of the land like we do.

We can eat every single day if push comes to shove. These woods provide for folks who know how to extract the resources from them.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Biden picks Vice Presidential running mate - Kamala Harris - by Ninurta - 08-15-2020, 01:09 AM