Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Biden picks Vice Presidential running mate - Kamala Harris
So I ask you, are the Democrats trying to give us another Not An American Citizen Like Obama as a possible POTUS when she takes over for Old Broken Joe.
Quote:Kamala Harris is an ‘anchor baby.’ Is she a natural born citizen?

Just about anyone born on United States soil is a citizen of the United States, save children of certain visiting dignitaries. But does that make her a "natural born citizen"?

Quote:Update: Unlike the vast majority of news sites, we do not censor perspectives. We curate our writers based on their adherence to conservative values, but we do not prevent them from expressing their views. But as Editor, I believe it’s important to add my own perspectives from time to time if I disagree. This is one of those cases.
Is Kamala Harris a natural born citizen? No. I’m not a lawyer, but the plain reading of the 14th Amendment as well as historical context leads me to this layman’s conclusion. Therefore, I do not believe she is eligible for the office for which she is currently running.
On the issue of whether or not we should focus on other aspects of her candidacy rather than attempt to go after her as an “anchor baby,” I can completely appreciate Chastity’s point without agreeing. The law is the law, and as long as it does not contradict with the only higher law than the Constitution, namely the Bible itself, then it must be upheld. If we don’t agree with a law, we can work to change it. But in this scenario, Harris should not be given a pass for political expediency. Yes, I like that she’s the VP choice because she makes the ticket weaker. But that does not negate the demonstrable fact that she should not be allowed to run in the first place. If we are truly constitutional conservatives, then we need to act like it and that means speaking up when the Constitution is under attack.
I respect Chastity’s perspective below, but I don’t fully agree. Nevertheless, I will not censor it. This is America. We at NOQ Report love America, and I, as Editor, will not prevent Chastity’s opinion from being heard. I simply disagree with her assessment.

jdr
Original Story:
Senator Kamala Harris, who was announced yesterday as Joe Biden’s Vice Presidential pick, qualifies for birthright citizenship under the 14th Amendment. Some on social media are contending that this disqualifies her from being President of the United States and therefore Vice President as well.
The constitutional qualification states that only natural born citizens can be president. Many scholars have claimed that to be a natural born citizen, at least one parent must be a U.S. citizen. All indicators thus far point to neither of Harris’ parents being citizens at the time of her birth. But there has been no clarification from the Supreme Court on this definition, leaving it in a perpetual state of murkiness.

This comes down to the need to be careful what we wish for. If it could possibly be quickly demonstrated by the Supreme Court that the 14th Amendment does not make natural born citizens, then Harris would need to be replaced. Frankly, I was ecstatic when I heard she had been tapped as the others under consideration were tougher candidates. She may be the weakest VP candidate since Dan Quayle. In fact, she may be weaker.
It’s the wrong argument at the wrong time, especially considering how harmful she is to the Democrats’ election hopes. Republicans would be wise to stop going down this lane of attack. We can and should have judicial examination of the 14th Amendment, birthright citizenship, and originalist interpretations of presidential qualifications, but not today. Not now. Not with the election less than three months away. There’s no need. We have plenty of fodder to legitimately attack both Harris and Biden on merits. It’s counterproductive to try to catch a weak candidate on a technicality, especially one that almost certainly would qualify her if the issue were taken up by the Supreme Court.
That does NOT mean we shouldn’t make it known that she is an “anchor baby.” It’s relevant as her constant attacks on the immigration system and favorable perspectives on open borders give us cause to examine her motivations for feeling as she does. But to try to make it a disqualifying issue is pointless.
Keep in mind, we WANT her to be the VP candidate. Her presence as Biden’s running mate is beneficial for President Trump. Here is what we know so far:

[Image: x_K2RwM5_bigger.jpg]
DoctorTed @vidzette
Aug 12
Kamala Harris: b. 10/20/64 Oakland, CA
Father: Jamaican, came to US 1961
Mother: Indian, came to US 1958?
No public record either was US citizen then.

#AnchorBaby
[/url]
[Image: EfOKuBhWoAAaKWV?format=jpg&name=small]

[url=https://twitter.com/vidzette/status/1293530083207020544/photo/1]

[Image: EfOKuBhWoAAaKWV?format=jpg&name=small]
Quote:There is no shortage of avenues through which to attack Kamala Harris. Her policies, rhetoric, and qualifications are all weak. Trying to defeat her by questioning the 14th Amendment two months before ballots go out is unnecessary.
Source
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Biden picks Vice Presidential running mate - Kamala Harris - by guohua - 08-14-2020, 03:46 AM