Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Biden picks Vice Presidential running mate - Kamala Harris
(08-13-2020, 05:37 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 05:24 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 05:09 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 02:37 AM)ChiefD Wrote: I also see posts by people who think she and all the other democrats are going to take away people’s guns. Many conservatives thought the same of Obama. Did Obama take away your guns? Nope. And Biden is not gonna take your guns either. Congress cannot just say they’re getting rid of the second amendment. Not gonna happen. 

Trump did better than try - he actually got a chip out of the 2A. I'm not sure where anyone sees that he did anything to "protect" it. Talk is just that - talk. Doing is something else altogether. Trump talks support of the 2A, but what he has done is otherwise.

Do tell @"Ninurta".  This is something I hadn't heard about.

He promulgated an Executive Order banning "bump stocks". Now granted, bump stocks are useless novelties, and a waste of money. You can't hit the broad side of a barn with one, even if you're inside the barn, but the act of banning them is another chunk out of the 2A, and a chunk out of the freedom to choose to waste ammo that Americans previously had. They don't have that power of choice any more.

@"Ninurta", well, you have to put things in perspective. This was right after the LA and school shootings, and many (on the left, and probably some on the right) were screaming about taking our guns away. If he did nothing at all, it would appear he didn't care. So what did he do? He took the one thing that really isn't worth anything and left us with the right to bear arms.
I agree, it was something that shouldn't have been touched, but he had to do something to prevent an uprising.

I don't want people here to think I kiss Trump's ass and worship him; I don't.
There are some things I disagree with.

1. I don't like fracking, but I realize to stop it, it would cost millions of jobs and cause the U.S. to lose it's standing in world oil domination.

2. I'm totally against running the pipeline so close to the Native American grounds.

3. I'm totally against 5G. However, I have read that President Trump intends to use a different frequency than the Chinese were going to, one that won't have such an adverse affect on humans.  However, I still find it questionable as to why he banned it's use in Mara Largo? 

4. I wish he would make himself more clear during speeches/briefings. He sometimes gives the reporters a way to twist his statements into something totally different than what he meant.

Anyway, when it comes to voting in November, I'll be choosing the "lesser of two evils", as people say, and vote for Trump. (But, I don't see him as evil at all.)

I have to imagine the only reason anyone would vote for Biden is because they haven't learned about his crimes yet. Otherwise it just makes no sense to me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Biden picks Vice Presidential running mate - Kamala Harris - by Mystic Wanderer - 08-13-2020, 06:02 PM