Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Biden picks Vice Presidential running mate - Kamala Harris
(08-13-2020, 02:06 AM)Finspiracy Wrote:
(08-12-2020, 07:07 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: On the other hand, President Trump made promises that he has kept:
Reduced government power over the people,
Protected our 2nd amendment
Working as hard as possible to protect our 1st amendment
Going after the human traffickers, drug traffickers, and gun traffickers
Closing our southern border to keep illegals out
Lowering taxes for the middle class, and helping the poor
Working on lowering the price of medicines
Best economy in history
Lowest minority unemployment in history
Bringing jobs back to America
(Making America Great Again)
And more.

I don't doubt your words for one second. I have seen data to back up those claims. But i am interested in the first one you listed "Reduced government power over the people"

How? Have you felt that in your life? I am speaking as a citizen of a nanny state here, and i would be delighted to see reduced government control over the people happening on a global scale. And for those reasons, i am curious now.

@"Finspiracy",

Well, first of all, he got rid of the mandated "tax" that people HAVE to PAY to NOT have insurance with Obummer Care. That was a biggie for everyone who didn't want that crummy insurance.
His deregulatory actions are removing government barriers to personal freedom and consumer choice in healthcare. We can choose our doctor, healthcare plan, etc.

Second, he provided so many jobs that employers couldn't find enough help, in turn they had to increase the pay to compete with other businesses. That gave power to the people, being able to choose a job you liked, rather than one you had to take because nothing else was available.
When you have more money, you have more power to choose the vacation you want to take, or the new house or car you've been dreaming of buying, etc. without worrying you can't afford it.

Third, he has been the most transparent POTUS ever, so the people can see what's going on and speak up if they disagree.

Fourth, he is protecting our 2nd amendment. I mean, it was already there, but others are trying to take it away. He promised as long as he's in office, we will keep our right to bear arms.
One certainly has POWER when they have a gun in their hands (for self protection, of course).

There's more, but you get my drift.
So, when I say he's giving power back to the people, it's things like these that I'm talking about.

During his inauguration speech he said he was going to give power back to the people, not to bigger government. He's been obstructed by the Left with some things he's tried to do, but if we can win the House and the Senate in November, I think we'll see many many more things giving power back to the people.  

There is a list of 319 promises made, promises kept in this article. Scroll down to read them in the PDF:
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washi...hree-years

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Biden picks Vice Presidential running mate - Kamala Harris - by Mystic Wanderer - 08-13-2020, 03:53 PM