Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The violent riots will continue unless Biden is elected
(08-08-2020, 03:50 AM)beez Wrote: My opinion only.

The riots, the violence, the looting, the arson. . . . 

All will continue unless Biden is elected.

This is the underlying threat being permeated throughout the nation.

Either vote for Biden or you will not have businesses in urban areas.

Either vote for Biden or your businesses will be burned down and destroyed.

The evil mindless leftists have taken off their gloves and have made this their ultimate threat;

Either get rid of Trump or expect more destruction.

I believe you are right, but would be interested in the route of reasoning you took to arrive at that conclusion. Not that I care if they continue burning their cities down - they're only harming themselves, destroying their own ability to survive. Folks out in the hinterlands will do just fine, but large agrobusiness may not fare as well, since there will be significantly fewer consumers for their products if cities are destroyed.

My brother in law is a dyed in the wool self-described "Progressive". He was here today, and as usual the conversation turned to politics. He is still unable to see that Trump and Conservatives are the only things standing between himself and anarchy, but he may come around eventually. Up until the rioting started, he was dead set against "assault weapons", could not see any reason for a civilian to possess them. Now, according to what he said today, he's changed his tune due to the riots and can see all sorts of reasons to possess them. It's a bit problematic that he still thinks he'll be shooting conservatives, but I just told him he needs to shoot the targets that come looking for him - i.e. the rioters, although I didn't spell that out - and not worry about having to go looking for targets that are not presenting a threat. His hunting would not go well.

The point is, it's not just us Conservatives that can see war coming now. The opposition, even the mildest of them, are seeing it, too. Even the "anti-war" crowd can see it coming. they're not happy about it, but there is a sort of fatal acceptance that there is no turning back now. I believe that's one if the bigger reasons that firearms manufacturing in the US has suddenly found itself unable to keep up with the burgeoning demand.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: The violent riots will continue unless Biden is elected - by Ninurta - 08-08-2020, 06:18 AM