Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
I ran over our Dog Part V. "Off with her leg and back home"
(08-17-2020, 11:34 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I was thinking about Girlie today. I am hoping that all is well with her and she is adjusting well.

I know her buddies are likely not giving her any slack, are loving on her but pushing her at the same time.

Thanks for asking.  I was going to post Part VI after tomorrows visit to the Vet to have her sutures removed.  

Occasionally the other dogs have bumped her stump and she has yelped in pain.  We kept her meds up and today she seems fine.  Resting on the lounge.  

Spent time sleeping on the other lounge with her to keep her company and help her outside if she had to go.  She would wake me up by licking my face lol.   So outside we'd go and she would hop around in the dark till she found a spot then hop back in the door to be on the lounge near the fire.  The reason I sleep nearby is because I worry about her trying to follow the other dogs and true love up 2 tiers of stairs at bedtime.  First steps are rock then followed by a longer stretch of polished timber on which I'm worried she may slip.

Last night was the first night I slept upstairs with the mob as she is starting to get around fetching balls and sticks and has negotiated the stairs.  'Cat' keeps her company as well.  They all accompany us on morning walks, burning off and cutting timber so essentially it's back to normal except I can't let her near the dams for her favorite pastime of swimming when she used to get hot from fetch.  But I'm sure that will change after the stitching is removed.

She is adjusting well.  Swelling has gone down and color returned to the gash on he mid section.  We took the cone off her head as that caused more trouble for her than it was worth and she leaves the wound alone.  

Will update tomorrow or Thursday.

Kind regards,

Bally:)

Messages In This Thread
RE: I ran over our Dog Part V. "Off with her leg and back home" - by Bally002 - 08-17-2020, 11:56 PM