Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
10,800 Assault Weapons Parts Seized
(08-03-2020, 10:23 PM)Ninurta Wrote: I think portability is soon going to be a key component.

I'd agree.  Humped a whole bunch of stuff up the mountain ... where nobody else would want to go.  It'll be just fine there and I can make my way up to it a lot easier than I could carry it up there with someone chasing me.

(08-03-2020, 10:23 PM)Ninurta Wrote: I also picked up another medical trauma kit and some blood-stop to throw into my bugout bag. I don't think many of the first-timers have considered how easy it is to get shot in a shooting war...

One of those kits that got carried up to the cache site.  It takes a lot of effort to understand how to use the components.  Best thing you can do ... is make friends with a medic, a nurse, and a doc (in that order). -grin

(08-03-2020, 10:23 PM)Ninurta Wrote: I just have a standard sling on it, mounted to the existing swivels, nothing fancy like a single-point or anything like that.

A firm believer in: 'use what you got ... and don't try to copy me'  I run a two-point sling with clothespin type clips.  I can transition back and forth from a very comfortable two-point patrol configuration to a single-point assault configuration in just a couple of seconds ... and it allows me to shoot left or right handed on the fly.  You've gotta buy even more gear to hook it onto your rifle, but once you get past the stoopid costs, you're probably not going to look at other options unless you're a QD fanboy.

Cheers,
Snarl
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!

Messages In This Thread
10,800 Assault Weapons Parts Seized - by Snarl - 08-03-2020, 02:56 PM
RE: 10,800 Assault Weapons Parts Seized - by Snarl - 08-04-2020, 06:29 AM
RE: 10,800 Assault Weapons Parts Seized - by drussell41 - 09-12-2020, 06:53 AM