Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
10,800 Assault Weapons Parts Seized
(08-03-2020, 03:40 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 03:02 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Plain weird that a country like the USA is suddenly out of guns and ammo to purchase.  Did the average Joes really get that spooked, or is someone arming invisible armies?

Cheers

Well ... my brother was finally able to buy an AR-15 just last week.  I was showing him the ropes of making timely purchases at fetching prices.  Lots of surprises there too.

Couldn't buy the sling I set my own ARs up with.  Optics are unavailable.  Hearing protection ... out of stock.  Cleaning kits not on the shelf.  Over and over and over again.

I think we had a shopping list that sat at about $1,200 bucks and he was able to get only less than $200 of it into his shopping cart.

I just got another cleaning kit for my AR on Amazon. It's not GI, but a lot like one, with the 3 snap carrying pouch and the takedown cleaning rod with the toggled handle, plus stuff that doesn't come standard, like a Bore Snake and a bag of long-handled Q-tips. It ran about 17 bucks when it should have been 13 or 14, but the shipping was a killer, and the whole kaboodle ran about 25 bucks.

Sure, I have other cleaning kits, but they aren't portable, and I think portability is soon going to be a key component.

Link to cleaning kit on the Amazon

Only thing left for me to get for it now are an accuwedge and a bayonet adapter - you know, in case I get assaulted by a wave attack of groundhogs and have to go all hand-to-hand on their asses!

I also picked up another medical trauma kit and some blood-stop to throw into my bugout bag. I don't think many of the first-timers have considered how easy it is to get shot in a shooting war...

Glad I got my optics and laser and got them set up long ago, right after I got the rifle. I just have a standard sling on it, mounted to the existing swivels, nothing fancy like a single-point or anything like that.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
10,800 Assault Weapons Parts Seized - by Snarl - 08-03-2020, 02:56 PM
RE: 10,800 Assault Weapons Parts Seized - by Ninurta - 08-03-2020, 10:23 PM
RE: 10,800 Assault Weapons Parts Seized - by drussell41 - 09-12-2020, 06:53 AM