Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It was only a few. . . . . .
It was only a few "protesters" who burned buildings.

It was only a few "protesters" who looted.

It was only a few "protesters" who harmed or killed others.

It was only a few "protesters" who toppled statues.

It was only a few "protesters" who burned books.

It was only a few "protesters" who burned the American flag.

That's the defense used by those on the left when confronted with these acts.

Well. . . . . it was only a "few" cops who killed George Floyd.

tinyok
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
And it only takes "a few" to start a revolution.
A "Few" too many every time !!

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: SIG-Aug-20-2022.png]
https://newsone.com/playlist/black-men-b...by-police/

Mr. Floyd was apparently and by all accounts a poster child, the last straw the end of the road. Death by a million pin pricks is death all the same.
internet Agent Provocateur
(08-02-2020, 09:03 PM)Antisthenes Wrote: https://newsone.com/playlist/black-men-b...by-police/

Mr. Floyd was apparently and by all accounts a poster child, the last straw the end of the road. Death by a million pin pricks is death all the same.

Then the book burners, the looters, rioters, the arsonists should take notice because they are acting like "pricks" as well.

tinysure
-Abraham Lincoln
(08-02-2020, 09:10 PM)beez Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 09:03 PM)Antisthenes Wrote: https://newsone.com/playlist/black-men-b...by-police/

Then the book burners, the looters, rioters, the arsonists should take notice because they are acting like "pricks" as well.

tinysure

They are all pricks. Them, the cops....every goddamned one of them. I won't glorify assholes in uniform with guns and tasers or rioting looter assholes with guns and molotov's. They're all festering sores on humanities ass. But let's be fair because otherwise we become one of their puppets and get used for their agenda.
(08-02-2020, 09:17 PM)Antisthenes Wrote:

tinysure

They are all pricks. Them, the cops....every goddamned one of them. I won't glorify assholes in uniform with guns and tasers or rioting looter assholes with guns and molotov's. They're all festering sores on humanities ass. But let's be fair because otherwise we become one of their puppets and get used for their agenda.

Be careful, if we're going to label all cops as bad, then all protesters are Marxists.

tinywhat
-Abraham Lincoln
(08-02-2020, 09:20 PM)beez Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 09:17 PM)Antisthenes Wrote:

tinysure

Be careful, if we're going to label all cops as bad, then all protesters are Marxists.

tinywhat

Never ever never said that. Bad cops are bad cops. Good cops are the wall between you,me and the opportunists. Bless them and their families.
Then I apologize for misinterpretting your post.
-Abraham Lincoln
That's okay. I really think I could have been clearer. It's all good and I'm glad you gave me the opportunity to clarify. TY
(08-02-2020, 05:24 PM)beez Wrote: It was only a few "protesters" who burned buildings.

tinyok

It was only a "few" nazis that gassed the Jews. 

Would they defend those "few" as they have the "protesters"? 

I also see this same defense of the confederacy quite often. It was only a "few" southerners that owned slaves. 

You know what they say about a few bad apples.
(08-03-2020, 12:55 PM)FauxMulder Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 05:24 PM)beez Wrote: It was only a few "protesters" who burned buildings.

tinyok

It was only a "few" nazis that gassed the Jews. 

Would they defend those "few" as they have the "protesters"? 

I also see this same defense of the confederacy quite often. It was only a "few" southerners that owned slaves. 

You know what they say about a few bad apples.
There are only a few at the top, who control a few under them, who control a few under them, who control a few under them, who control a few under them,
The use of George Floyd as a symbol works because so few look at events using BIG PICTURE and LONG VIEW.

BIG PICTURE: How many people were arrested in the USA in the year 2019, and, of those, how many died while being arrested?

LONG VIEW:  Are the police and authorities as racist today as they were in, say, the era of Bull Connor?

Perspective lends a much broader view of events.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

tinyok

When the majority chooses to focus on the destructive actions of the few and chooses to ignore the efforts or support the many, that are facing the same issues and problems we all share, the few win. The few are just that a few. If issues and grievances are addressed and rectified when the problems first arise, they are easier to rectify. It is when the majority ignores the symptoms because they are not inconvenienced enough, that an infection sets in, and the fear of life threatening sepsis become a real possibility.

Whether it is statues, bathrooms, religion, cakes, or countries, our society has taught us the only way to win against a perceived enemy, is to go to war. We hate the results of what we worship, but not learned that hate begets hate, and violence begets violence. Greed, the obsession with control and power, makes it impossible for us to stop this destructive cycle. Until we learn that we can never own power, control, or things, they will ultimately and perpetually, become the Gods that will control and own you.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(08-02-2020, 05:41 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: And it only takes "a few" to start a revolution.

Might not turn out exactly the way The Revolutionaries are expecting.  The winds of violence are starting to swirl.
Quote:The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men Who Wanted To Be Left Alone.

They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love.  They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it.  They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them … are over.  The moment the Men Who Wanted To Be Left Alone are forced to fight back, it is a small form of suicide.  They are literally killing off who they used to be.

Which is why, when forced to take up violence, these Men Who Wanted To Be Left Alone, fight with unholy vengeance against those who murdered their former lives.  They fight with raw hate, and a drive that cannot be fathomed by those who are merely play-acting at politics and terror.  True terror will arrive at the Left's door, and they will cry, scream, and beg for mercy … but, it will fall upon deaf ears.

Do ya wonder why the elites are buying properties down in New Zealand?
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
(08-03-2020, 02:32 PM)Snarl Wrote:
Quote:Which is why, when forced to take up violence, these Men Who Wanted To Be Left Alone, fight with unholy vengeance against those who murdered their former lives.  They fight with raw hate, and a drive that cannot be fathomed by those who are merely play-acting at politics and terror.  True terror will arrive at the Left's door, and they will cry, scream, and beg for mercy … but, it will fall upon deaf ears.

Do ya wonder why the elites are buying properties down in New Zealand?

Because the elite want to be entertained as we do their dirty work for them. We seem to have very short memories or we have no ability to really learn from our mistakes.

Why do we let it get to the point where our only excuse is, I was "forced to take up violence, and to fight with unholy vengeance against those who murdered our former lives"?

If we value our way of life so much, why do we not stop it from reaching the point where the solutions are restricted and controlled by others. The men that want to be left alone are being unrealistic when they live on a planet with billions of people. The best the men that want to be left alone can hope for, is a brief time in isolation, but the world will continue to go on, and will eventually catch up with them. I am sure killing a few people before you are dragged back into a world that you tried to hide from, before you die yourself, has no benefit and provides no solace.

If the men that want to be left alone do nothing, they will be always living at the discretion of those they want to turn their back on, which is never a wise move.

As for:
Quote:They fight with raw hate, and a drive that cannot be fathomed by those who are merely play-acting at politics and terror.  True terror will arrive at the Left's door, and they will cry, scream, and beg for mercy … but, it will fall upon deaf ears.

If they used their raw hate and drive to stop the destruction of the life they so cherish, maybe they will be spared being reduced to animalistic behavior, in grief of what they did nothing to actually protect.

I am not saying I would not fight to the death to protect those that I love, but I am more into prevention. I have found it very unsatisfying and usually very costly to show up to try to put out the fire, after the house has been reduced to ashes.

My personal opinion.

• minusculebeercheers 

(08-03-2020, 03:38 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Why do we let it get to the point where our only excuse is, I was "forced to take up violence, and to fight with unholy vengeance against those who murdered our former lives"?

If we value our way of life so much, why do we not stop it from reaching the point where the solutions are restricted and controlled by others. The men that want to be left alone are being unrealistic when they live on a planet with billions of people. The best the men that want to be left alone can hope for, is a brief time in isolation, but the world will continue to go on, and will eventually catch up with them. I am sure killing a few people before you are dragged back into a world that you tried to hide from, before you die yourself, has no benefit and provides no solace.

You seem not to comprehend - the "men who want to be left alone".... want to be left alone! It's not a matter of anyone "dragging them back into a world" they don't want, folks are not leaving them alone! Two very different things. Still, I think an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, so how do you propose they convince folks to mind their own business and stop not leaving them alone?

You're right in saying that killing folks has no solace, but it will sure as hell keep them from not leaving you alone in the future. I know of no other way to convince them, but am open to suggestions for a methodology. Have you got any?

It's also not a matter of "being dragged back into a world that you tried to hide from" - once you're dead, you no longer care where or how far your carcass is dragged, and make no mistake, they will fight to the conclusion once they are roused enough to start - either until they are dead, or until they are left alone. They are not hiding from that world, they want it to understand it's limits on micromanaging their lives.

Quote:If the men that want to be left alone do nothing, they will be always living at the discretion of those they want to turn their back on, which is never a wise move.

No, it has been at their discretion. That's what the men who want to be left alone have put up with so far by "doing nothing", and what they are getting ever more weary of as the noose tightens on them and "control" becomes "micromanagement". The time for "doing nothing" is at an end, and they will sooner rather than later, stop "doing nothing" and start "doing something", with extreme prejudice. The "discretion" of the opposition, the folks bent on not leaving them alone, is becoming ever more blatant and INdiscreet. And again, it's not a matter of anyone turning their back on anything. It's a matter of their opposition inserting increasingly more control over them and their lives than is warranted.

There is an old song that states in it's lyrics:

"He can't even run his own life
I'll be damned if he'll run mine"

... and THAT is the realization we are approaching.

Quote:As for:
Quote:They fight with raw hate, and a drive that cannot be fathomed by those who are merely play-acting at politics and terror.  True terror will arrive at the Left's door, and they will cry, scream, and beg for mercy … but, it will fall upon deaf ears.

If they used their raw hate and drive to stop the destruction of the life they so cherish, maybe they will be spared being reduced to animalistic behavior, in grief of what they did nothing to actually protect.

I am not saying I would not fight to the death to protect those that I love, but I am more into prevention. I have found it very unsatisfying and usually very costly to show up to try to put out the fire, after the house has been reduced to ashes.

My personal opinion.

Again, the question is "how"? How do you propose these "men who want to be left alone" convince Collectivists to leave them alone short of killing the collectivists when they have made it very clear they are unwilling to butt out of running other folks' lives? I'm all ears, would love a sane solution that does not involve taking them out one by one as they attack. No one WANTS to kill them, and no sane person WANTS to go to war, but once they have made it clear that nothing short of ending them will keep them from coming for you, what is the solution to convince them otherwise without putting them down for a dirt-nap?

I'm all ears, waiting for another solution to distribute.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(08-04-2020, 04:46 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Again, the question is "how"? How do you propose these "men who want to be left alone" convince Collectivists to leave them alone short of killing the collectivists when they have made it very clear they are unwilling to butt out of running other folks' lives? I'm all ears, would love a sane solution that does not involve taking them out one by one as they attack. No one WANTS to kill them, and no sane person WANTS to go to war, but once they have made it clear that nothing short of ending them will keep them from coming for you, what is the solution to convince them otherwise without putting them down for a dirt-nap?

I can't give you the answer you request, because I don't know how you think this is going to play out, I can share what I am seeing and experiencing on a personal level, and it is going to end up being a win for those that have created the issues in the first place.

I was one of those “men who want to be left alone”, though I am a women. I moved out to the woods around twenty years ago, because I needed space from people. My job brought me too close to people in a very complex way, so I needed space to just be free of the noise and the complexities. It was an added benefit that I was also ditching a persistent enemy that I had made in Code Enforcement. No code enforcement in the woods, back then. Now? Welcome to the land of the system takes all.

The first five years were great. First time visitors used to call it a hidden paradise. It was inspiring, and other made the move. It did not take long before the prices of the land started to go up. We thought this was a good thing, until the people that where building houses in the area built homes that valued in the millions. When our taxes went from five hundred dollars a year to over thirteen thousand a year, we realized we were in trouble. Many lost their homes, and those of us that could hold on suffered.

I have watched the world slowly creep in on us. We became proactive and we became political. We backed a guy that we knew would keep his finger in the dyke and hold off the breech. We were stupid, and didn't realize how stupid until we found out the guy had taken a two million dollar bribe. Him going to prison did nothing to correct the mess that already had been started. Then the dyke burst. We are now fighting not to be gobbled up by a newly established city that would have not been able to exist, if it were not for the illegal crap that was done under the table. We can't even fight it because they gave us a scapegoat by sending the official to prison. We are all struggling a bit to hold on to our homesteads and I believed the only reason we were holding on was because we found our strength in each other. But now they have released the Kraken.

Last month one of my neighbors went to a local store, she was verbally attacked for not following the arrows on the floor. A couple of weeks ago a group of pick-ups flying the American flags were driving around the parking lots of a local stores, while yelling, “Build that wall!” “Build that wall!” Last week another neighbor was abused because a man felt she was not socially distancing enough, in his opinion. He yelled and cursed at her. She said she was paralyzed with shock. She said she followed the arrows, the store aisle are small, and she had waited for him to move, but when he kept standing in one place for what she said was a long time, she just dared to walk pass him. She said he was so purple in the face and angry that there is no doubt in her mind or the others in the store, that if he had had a gun, he would have shot them all. This is White folk attacking White folk.

Keep in mind this is the country. People are known to be jackasses and “hold my beer” folk, but you never would expect this kind of volatile behavior from sane country people. This I attribute to too much nonproductive time spent indoors at the altar of the toxic internet.

I understand why people are angry and why they feel frustrated. I even understand why they are falling for the pitch, and taking the bait. It makes them think they are doing something, and it makes them feel they are being warriors against a system that has taken so much from them. I even understand why they may feel killing the enemy is the only solution. The problem is they have misidentified the enemy.

The enemy has been controlling us for several centuries. They know where all the Easter eggs are, the made the walk-thru. Sure we can kill each other but if we do, we all lose.

The only way to win is for enough of us not to play the game, but they already have so many of us willing to lock ourselves into gilded cages, that our chances of pulling that off is slim to none. Regardless of how much the truth is distributed, our basic desire for familiarity and comfort, will overwhelm our sense of reality and commonsense.

• minusculebeercheers 

(08-04-2020, 03:44 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 04:46 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Again, the question is "how"? How do you propose these "men who want to be left alone" convince Collectivists to leave them alone short of killing the collectivists when they have made it very clear they are unwilling to butt out of running other folks' lives? I'm all ears, would love a sane solution that does not involve taking them out one by one as they attack. No one WANTS to kill them, and no sane person WANTS to go to war, but once they have made it clear that nothing short of ending them will keep them from coming for you, what is the solution to convince them otherwise without putting them down for a dirt-nap?

I can't give you the answer you request, because I don't know how you think this is going to play out, I can share what I am seeing and experiencing on a personal level, and it is going to end up being a win for those that have created the issues in the first place.

I was one of those “men who want to be left alone”, though I am a women. I moved out to the woods around twenty years ago, because I needed space from people. My job brought me too close to people in a very complex way, so I needed space to just be free of the noise and the complexities. It was an added benefit that I was also ditching a persistent enemy that I had made in Code Enforcement. No code enforcement in the woods, back then. Now? Welcome to the land of the system takes all.

The first five years were great. First time visitors used to call it a hidden paradise. It was inspiring, and other made the move. It did not take long before the prices of the land started to go up. We thought this was a good thing, until the people that where building houses in the area built homes that valued in the millions. When our taxes went from five hundred dollars a year to over thirteen thousand a year, we realized we were in trouble. Many lost their homes, and those of us that could hold on suffered.

I have watched the world slowly creep in on us. We became proactive and we became political. We backed a guy that we knew would keep his finger in the dyke and hold off the breech. We were stupid, and didn't realize how stupid until we found out the guy had taken a two million dollar bribe. Him going to prison did nothing to correct the mess that already had been started. Then the dyke burst. We are now fighting not to be gobbled up by a newly established city that would have not been able to exist, if it were not for the illegal crap that was done under the table. We can't even fight it because they gave us a scapegoat by sending the official to prison. We are all struggling a bit to hold on to our homesteads and I believed the only reason we were holding on was because we found our strength in each other. But now they have released the Kraken.

Last month one of my neighbors went to a local store, she was verbally attacked for not following the arrows on the floor. A couple of weeks ago a group of pick-ups flying the American flags were driving around the parking lots of a local stores, while yelling, “Build that wall!” “Build that wall!” Last week another neighbor was abused because a man felt she was not socially distancing enough, in his opinion. He yelled and cursed at her. She said she was paralyzed with shock. She said she followed the arrows, the store aisle are small, and she had waited for him to move, but when he kept standing in one place for what she said was a long time, she just dared to walk pass him. She said he was so purple in the face and angry that there is no doubt in her mind or the others in the store, that if he had had a gun, he would have shot them all. This is White folk attacking White folk.

Keep in mind this is the country. People are known to be jackasses and “hold my beer” folk, but you never would expect this kind of volatile behavior from sane country people. This I attribute to too much nonproductive time spent indoors at the altar of the toxic internet.

I understand why people are angry and why they feel frustrated. I even understand why they are falling for the pitch, and taking the bait. It makes them think they are doing something, and it makes them feel they are being warriors against a system that has taken so much from them. I even understand why they may feel killing the enemy is the only solution. The problem is they have misidentified the enemy.

The enemy has been controlling us for several centuries. They know where all the Easter eggs are, the made the walk-thru. Sure we can kill each other but if we do, we all lose.

The only way to win is for enough of us not to play the game, but they already have so many of us willing to lock ourselves into gilded cages, that our chances of pulling that off is slim to none. Regardless of how much the truth is distributed, our basic desire for familiarity and comfort, will overwhelm our sense of reality and commonsense.

I so relate to your story since I had an exoerience much the same as yours, Dawn. It's all heartbreaking as it seems there is nowhere to hide any longer. J

(08-04-2020, 05:34 PM)Antisthenes Wrote: I so relate to your story since I had an exoerience much the same as yours, Dawn. It's all heartbreaking as it seems there is nowhere to hide any longer.

As much as I hate the phrase, we are all in this together. We have the power, we just have to choose what we are willing to give up to use it.

We are all going to have to lose something. We are heading past the point where we get to make the choice of what we are willing to sacrifice, because soon the choice will be made for us, and there will be no stepping back from that cliff.

• minusculebeercheers