Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Mask - Good or Evil? No, not the movie.
(07-31-2020, 01:36 AM)Sol Wrote: Your sister is absolutely right. A N95 mask is better but at seven bucks a pop here, they can shove it.

My step daughter is a dentist. You should see the rules she has to follow, it's insane. The N95 mask over another mask, a visor, gloves, a gown and they had to have horizontal plexiglass installed between them and the patient. Add in the dentist micro glasses that they have to wear...well...she can't see shit.

If things don't start to get better this fall, I am telling you, the suicide rates will become higher than the covid numbers.

Now there are rumors that they want to implement wearing a mask inside AND outside.

This will not end well.

I have a GI M42A2 gas mask I can wear. It seals to my face - well, it used to, before I grew a beard - covers my eyes, mouth, and nose, and I can actually breathe in it as well as I can out of it because - valves. The problem is, it scares the hell out of folks when they see me coming, especially if I put the hood on with it for a better seal, not to mention the rest of the MOPP gear.

Another problem is that here in Virginia, it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon while wearing a mask, for obvious reasons. I know that if I see some yokel coming at ME with a gun and a mask on, he's bought and paid for, no questions asked. I've wondered, frequently, if curtailing CCW rights wasn't the REAL reason for the mandatory masking order here. Doesn't matter to me, as I'm exempt from it, and not gonna wear one. In all honesty, I'm far more likely to need that weapon than I am to need a mask, as I have a much higher chance of encountering a miscreant than I have of encountering the CCP virus here. We've had a sharp uptick of "test confirmed" COVID cases, but still not nearly enough to panic over - especially when one considers the unreliability of the tests.

Last time I checked, we had 53 cases in the entire county, up from 17 that were confined to a single boarding school. I'm more likely to run into bigfoot than I am to run into COVID in this county, and FAR more likely to run into a coyote or a bear.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Mask - Good or Evil? No, not the movie. - by Wallfire - 07-30-2020, 06:07 PM
RE: The Mask - Good or Evil? No, not the movie. - by Ninurta - 08-01-2020, 06:11 AM
RE: The Mask - Good or Evil? No, not the movie. - by Wallfire - 07-31-2020, 09:48 AM
RE: The Mask - Good or Evil? No, not the movie. - by Wallfire - 08-01-2020, 09:14 AM