Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Mask - Good or Evil? No, not the movie.
(07-30-2020, 11:22 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 03:12 PM)Sol Wrote: Is the mask mandatory where you live?

I'm asking because, you see, it IS mandatory where I live and the side effects are worth a discussion.

Well, yes, and no. it is mandatory, but I am exempt by Executive Order. I have to carry a copy of the EO with me when I sally forth, or the Mask Gestapo tries to give me hell.

This was just on the news here again a short time ago.  I was watching with my wife when it was reported that a supermarket chain, which we shopped at yesterday, is looking at having customers wear a mask before they enter.  I really don't care.  But what I saw for sale at a pharmacy (drug store) nearby were the masks,  N95,  selling at $49.99 per pack of 10.  

I reckon if a large chain of supermarkets or other businesses want you to wear a mask before you enter how about presenting them to each customer who is not wearing one.  I mean there are hand sanitizer stations at most locations nowadays for free.  

I get we have to purchase reusable shopping bags.  Okay.  I take them home and store them.  I go shopping (about once every 3 weeks) and by the time I get to the supermarket carpark (45 minute drive) I realize I've forgotten those bags.  I'm sure I would forget a mask.  Just me getting old.

I went to the docs yesterday, too, to pick up a prescription I had ordered the week before.  I wasn't allowed to approach the front door.  "STOP" sign on the oldies ramp.  Ring first and the number provided.  I don't have a hand phone as I normally have no use for one where I live.  (Poor to No coverage anyway).  Anyway, I got their attention waving through the outside window and my prescription was finally dispensed.  Of course I'm adjusting to all this and really don't mind.  Shrugs shoulders.  Guess this old country fogy will have to get his excreta together and remember the 'recyclable' shopping bags.  Saves 15 cents per bag aye!  I'll catch up with masks later on.  Don't wear them out here in the hills.

Kind regards for reading my little whinge,

Bally

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Mask - Good or Evil? No, not the movie. - by Wallfire - 07-30-2020, 06:07 PM
RE: The Mask - Good or Evil? No, not the movie. - by Wallfire - 07-31-2020, 09:48 AM
RE: The Mask - Good or Evil? No, not the movie. - by Wallfire - 08-01-2020, 09:14 AM
RE: The Mask - Good or Evil? No, not the movie. - by Bally002 - 07-30-2020, 11:43 PM