Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Mask - Good or Evil? No, not the movie.
(07-30-2020, 03:27 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: It is a state by state order here in the U.S.  I believe most of CA is locked down... STILL.  So, I'd say wearing a mask there is the law except for the governor and mayors, or course.

Where I live, masks are only mandatory in certain stores and we don't have to wear them outside. Walmart and Home Depot made them mandatory a couple of weeks ago, then just the other day they stepped back and said they "recommended" a mask, but would not enforce wearing one.  I think it only took one week of having empty parking lots to see that forcing masks on people was bad for their pocket book.

If people get tired of wearing a mask into a business, just boycott them, hit them where it hurts, and they will change the rules, or their business will fail.  Wonder which they will choose? 

By the way, I've read on the box of masks that they will not prevent a virus.  Imagine that!

You are extremely lucky that it hasn't been implemented.

Over here, Prime Minister Trudeau left it to the provinces to decide BUT Health Canada was strongly pushing it. And so our province decided to make it mandatory.

Here is what mandatory means:

You have to wear a mask on all public transports.

You have to wear a mask in any indoor public area. At a bar or a restaurant, you may take off your mask when you are sitting down. You may decide not to wear one outdoors as long as you keep the regulated distance in check.

Businesses transgressing the rule will get fined up to $6000. Customers who don't comply will not get fined.

So, imagine. Businesses HAVE to enforce the rule or they get heavily fined.

Public transports have already said "Fuck this, we're not putting our employees in a fighting zone because one user doesn't want to wear a mask." The government's response: call the cops if need be.

These policies have killed businesses like flies. My own business is very badly hurt by those measures, and if it gets worse this fall, we'll go under, THAT is a fact.

We cannot boycott anything. You don't want to wear a mask? You can't walk into any store, period. Store owners do not want to get heavily fined.

Rule yourselves is the policy. Turn your customers around if they don't comply - making YOU the bad guy, not the government..

Fights are breaking over this. Loyal customers are leaving over this. Some businesses have turned into little shops of horror, dictating rules, over this.

It's one big fucking mess.

2020 is like a bad nightmare that keeps on giving, day after day.

And I hate every fucking minute of it.

~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Mask - Good or Evil? No, not the movie. - by Sol - 07-30-2020, 04:31 PM
RE: The Mask - Good or Evil? No, not the movie. - by Wallfire - 07-30-2020, 06:07 PM
RE: The Mask - Good or Evil? No, not the movie. - by Wallfire - 07-31-2020, 09:48 AM
RE: The Mask - Good or Evil? No, not the movie. - by Wallfire - 08-01-2020, 09:14 AM