Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I ran over our dog Part IV. The visit before the OP.
(07-31-2020, 05:25 PM)hutch622 Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 05:05 AM)Bally002 Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 04:33 AM)Antisthenes Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 04:20 AM)Bally002 Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 04:14 AM)Antisthenes Wrote: So glad your baby is okay. Dogs really are the finest people.

Thanks mate. Love our dogs.  Please see my reply to Hounddog.

Kind regards,

Bally.

That's just wonderful. She'll be so happy to be home safe with her family

Kind regards,

Bally

Cheers mate,  I'll make sure she is safe as possible over the weekend.  Then round 2 attempt at the amputation next week.

Not good news mate but im sure it will work out for the best .  Watching this thread as many are . On a side note my daughter and i kidnapped the the dogs from the ex/current wife's place . 3 dogs , eldest is a kelpy cross with god knows that that was a farm save . You know what i mean there . Next is a camp dog kind of stolen/ found /saved outside of Tennent creek ,fair bit of dingo i suspect and very observant . Last is a German shepard , purebred and quite possibly the smartest dog i have ever seen , if you dont lock/ latch the doors he is through and im talking round doorknobs here . Normal door handles forget about it. lol. Anyhow daughter gets a text , you pinched the dogs again didnt you . Daughter says how do know . Ex says they are asleep all over the place . Yes we might throw the squeaky ball just a little bit . lol.And we save chop bones for them so its never hard to get them in the car .

Good luck girlie , all will be good .

G'day mate, :)  

Woke up to the magpies chortling this morning. (That's always a good sign of fine weather)  Slept in but downstairs on the lounge next to the fireplace.  Girlie slept on the lounge nearby.  Others slept upstairs with 'truey'.

Long day yesterday.  Did a bit of cutting and splitting, burning off etc.  Last day of the haz reduction here.  Need permits now.  True love had the phone and let me know we needed to go into town as the surgeon was unwilling to do the op due to some complications and we were welcome to bring girlie home for a short stay under meds.  

So we tripped into town, bit of a wait.  Girlie was happy again to see us.  Didn't seem in much pain with a splint and bandage around the leg and a full shaved hindquarter.  Got a long lecture by the vet re reasons and how to give her the meds. The doc gave her some pain killers.  I was honestly tired and nearly falling asleep.  Brought her back home, let her sniff around the outside before bringing her inside the doggy welcoming committee.  Other three mutts sniffing, snorting and wagging their tails.  'Cat' sat up on the pool table.  Gave a glance and licked a paw as if 'so whats the fuss about?'

Son made a bed for her on the lounge where she settled with the others around her but had to cover the wounds up as they were more than interested.   

So, a little walk outside before bed, small feed, water and up on the lounge she got.  I woke up occasionally to a licking sound and in the dim light I saw she was just licking her front leg where the catheter was inserted.  This morning she greeted me with a wag of the tail and that's we we are at present.  Waiting for a call to take her to Coffs next week.

Interesting story about your dogs.  They seem to have some history about them.  I lived and worked in N.T. communities for a while as you know and have had interaction with the camp dogs.  10 dogs to every person was the guesstimate. No fur, most riddled with scabies and they ate each other but some good dogs were about.  

Keep in touch.  My planned visit in November has been cancelled due to the Covid thing.

Kind regards,

Bally:)

Messages In This Thread
RE: I ran over our dog Part IV. The visit before the OP. - by Bally002 - 07-31-2020, 09:57 PM