Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ongoing puberty suppression should be an available treatment option for non-binary ad
(07-31-2020, 04:18 AM)Freija Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 02:00 AM)Antisthenes Wrote:
Quote:Freija Wrote:… this is also something that has touched my own family directly as I myself know what it is like to be seen and treated like a gender incongruent/gender non-conforming child…  

Hi Freija....I hope you don't mind me being nosey. This has left me a little quizzical as I'm trying to understand what it is you meant here? Are you saying you had a sibling that is trans or that you yourself are actually a trans person? Both would explain your textbook knowledge on the subject. I find the whole premise very interesting and am fascinated to hear more on the subject, but if I've gotten to personal, please accept my apology. You are obviously and of course in no way obligated to satisfy my curiosity. TY

You know what they say about curiosity and cats and since I hate am not a fan of cats and offered to answer any questions that I could, I guess I am obligated? It is okay to be curious and ask questions because there are so many myths and misconceptions about this whole thing because as noted, most people’s knowledge in this subject comes entirely from what they’ve seen in the media or read on the internet, in fact, there’s a recent Netflix documentary called Disclosure that discusses how this subject has been treated on film, in print and on TV. My experiences in these matters are more practical as well as from years of the study of the science and research surrounding this phenomenon.

When I said ”I myself know what it is like to be seen and treated like a gender incongruent/gender non-conforming child” I was referring to yours truly as I am an only child and although I had a lot of outside influences to indicate my behaviors and interests were atypical or GNC, I never really felt that way nor did I have the capacity to change those things that garnered so much ire and attention. I was just being myself in spite of intense pressures to be something else or different from how I organically just was.

Starting in kindergarten and throughout my high school years, I had some pretty big social problems and faced a lot of bullying, physical abuse and ostracization because I was unable to fit in and be seen as “normal” so I know and understand personally what kids with gender incongruent or non-conforming expressions and behaviors deal with so I think there needs to be more information and understanding about these things so that this kind of treatment will stop and let kids just be who they are without such negative repercussions.

That's why I feel some obligation to speak and bring more information to others about these things.

That's pretty fascinating. Do you feel like you were able to assimilate completely after you had completed your transition. That is the correct terminology, isnt it? Transition? I would think that growing up in a war zone as you said you had that you would find yourself pretty jaded and even a victim of PTSD? Being bullied as you were in school seems a problem for many people regardless of the reason. I would think you were no exception? I guess I'm wondering if you started all over or actually maintained some of your childhood relationships? Were you close with your folks or did your situation get in the way of any of that? It'd be interesting to hear a little of how you adjusted and managed to carve out an existence in what can be perceived as a very callous world? Sorry for so many questions at once, it just seems like your experience on the planet is so foreign to that which most of us have lived. I suppose I'm just curious as to how it's all worked out for you? Thanks in advance for anything you might share.
internet Agent Provocateur

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ongoing puberty suppression should be an available treatment option for non-binary ad - by Antisthenes - 08-01-2020, 02:40 AM