Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ongoing puberty suppression should be an available treatment option for non-binary ad
(07-28-2020, 04:47 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: From my experiences working with victims of abuse and asexual assault, girls and boys that are transgender are frequent targets for rape and abuse. I can see how someone would make a logical conclusion based on what they think makes sense, but in this case it is a logical fallacy. I am not saying you won't find a single person that says they are transgender because they don't feel safe and are afraid of being oppressed or raped, but I do believe the number that say that, will be few.

Words of wisdom from someone with experience in these matters matter. They say that only 16% to 20% of people know or have even met someone trans with most people’s knowledge coming solely what they’ve seen and been exposed to in the media, pronography and popular culture which in most cases are unfavorable representations and sound bytes or the insanity of radical trans activists’s demands and actions. Thank you for your comments.

(07-28-2020, 05:38 PM)Ninurta Wrote: I think the entire subject is a minefield of "ethical concerns". People are simply overcomplicating life in general, and humanity in particular, by synthesizing an ever growing number of "genders" not found in biology. Isn't life difficult and complicated enough already without all this "gender dysphoria" lunacy necessitating the manufacture of entire new genders for feelz?

Let’s unpack this a little because your views are typical for those not more familiar with this phenomenon and I think it is important to not paint with an overly wide brush for better understanding and this is complicated. I may not be smart in political matters, economics or world affairs but this subject matter, complicated as it is, is an area of interest to me and something I have studied and observed at great lengths for many years focusing mostly on gender incongruence/atypicality in children and adolescents.

Several of my dearest friends are of trans experience and through knowing them, beyond my own investigations I’ve gained an additional great deal of understanding and compassion for their plight and more significantly, this is also something that has touched my own family directly as I myself know what it is like to be seen and treated like a gender incongruent/gender non-conforming child so I consider my personal knowledge about all this above average and feel some responsibility to shed some light and firsthand knowledge in these matters for those that might be interested in learning about them. I also realize that most do not or are unwilling but I shall proceed anyway.

The term “gender dysphoria” is a conceptualization first proposed by researchers and clinicians in 1974 to explain the condition of transsexualism. In the 1960s and 1970s studies were conducted at major universities such as Johns Hopkins and Stanford to better understand what was going on with these people although early scientific research and documentation goes well back to the early 20th century initially pioneered by Prussian physician and sexologist Magnus Hirschfeld whose collective body of works was burned by the Nazis in 1933. Gender non-conforming and "trans" people have existed throughout recorded history although the serious medicalization of this condition only goes back about 100 years as the technologies became available.

I am kind of reluctant to use the concept of gender dysphoria as it has become somewhat of a catch-all phrase when in reality it is multi-faceted state with different underlying etiologies and motivations. Dysphoria itself can be described as a state of unease, discomfort and distress ranging from mildly annoying to incapacitating abject terror.  For example, some suffering with this condition may focus more on incompatibilities with gendered social roles and behaviors and matters of gendered expression while for others, on their gendered core sense of identity’s incongruence with their physical anatomy or in other words, sex dysphoria or misalignment between the mind, that’s been proven impossible to change, and the flesh. In most cases, these “dysphorias” overlap creating a cacophony of shit for those experiencing it.

However, the term is useful because most people have heard at least a little about the phenomenon although it is widely misapplied and misused and has been co-opted mainly by those in the 296 made up gender crowd to legitimize what in most cases is a matter of social expression or rebellion having nothing or little to do with classically defined legitimate transsexualism which in itself is broken down into two major categories: early onset and late onset. The point of this diatribe is to point out that while it is easy to simplify and lump everyone in the same bucket of “lunacy” because this is so foreign to most people, it is a lot more complicated than most folks realize.

Although it may seem contrary, I’ll be the first to admit I am not a fan of modern transgender ideology and activism as it has been hijacked by those with an agenda and the word transgender itself is vague and meaningless as in the sake of politically correct “inclusiveness” it includes everything under the sun and is so broad and nebulous in scope, “transgenderism” is far to varied and ill-defined to even be considered an “ism”. Attached to this “movement” is dogma and rhetoric that I find to mostly be detestable and counterproductive to those rare and unfortunate folks genuinely transsexual.

More to follow addressing additional replies and specifically puberty suppression in keeping with the topic of the OP.

I appreciate the opportunity to shed some light into all of this for those interested in learning more about it all. For those that aren't who are sharing their ill-informed comments and opinions, I understand and uphold your right to speak your mind as you feel necessary but urge you to keep an open mind. Long ago lost was TOS's motto but maybe we can continue the tradition of denying ignorance here?
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ongoing puberty suppression should be an available treatment option for non-binary ad - by Freija - 07-29-2020, 02:44 AM