Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ongoing puberty suppression should be an available treatment option for non-binary ad
(07-28-2020, 01:21 PM)Wallfire Wrote: Strange thing I was involved in a discussion about why so many young girls are rejecting women hood. One reason given was that so many men from ME and African countries have been let in and given free hands to continue raping and oppressing women and children that the young girls no longer feel safe anywhere. The governments dont protect them nor can the police, so the young girls see only a future of rape oppression and been used for sex. Not something any one wants to look forward to.

Certainly this could be a legit factor in countries where this sort of thing is prevalent but I think there are many other issues involved such as the way women are sexualized in general in modern culture and media. All I have to say is I am glad to not be raising a young daughter or granddaughter right now. With social media and so many outside influences, it’s hardly practical these days to think that leading by example and role modeling has the same sway it once did.

(07-28-2020, 01:44 PM)Snarl Wrote: People are making too much of an issue with 'all this crap' lately.  It hasn't been this much of an issue for thousands and thousands of years ... so, why all of a sudden?

I couldn’t agree more. It sells papers and is clickworthy is part of the reason and with increased awareness and exposure, some have become more comfortable expressing themselves in non-traditional ways. I'll check myself right here so I don't go off on a tirade about radical trans activism considering this whole non-binary bullshit and 256 genders falls under the ever broadening scope of the vague and meaningless “transgender umbrella”.

’Snarl’ Wrote:I haven't given a Lot of thought to all of these things.  I won't either.

Probably for the best? It’ll save you a lot of grief!

’Snarl’ Wrote:As far as the ability for people to make informed and 'wise' decisions: Maybe we ought'a stop and think about that before spouting off.  We both know how old we are, @"Freija" , and I freely admit I _don't_ have the wisdom to make such calls.  Do you think _any_ child does?

Actually, I would say that yes, some children do. For some children, there isn’t really any decision involved, it’s just the way they are.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ongoing puberty suppression should be an available treatment option for non-binary ad - by Freija - 07-28-2020, 03:59 PM