Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Meet Spot
(07-15-2020, 06:54 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: He's beautiful.   I'm sure you'll provide him with the happy home he deserves.

I used to have cats that looked similar to that one, but they all disappeared one by one. They were feral, but came to my porch to eat. Never let me get near them. I felt responsible to feed them because they came from a litter that started out here.
I only have two cats now. One left from the outside feral cats (got her inside before she met the same fate as the others), and a yellow stray that ended up in my back yard. He was already tame.
I find it strange that those cats stayed outside for two years with no problems, but as soon as I started trapping them and got them spayed/neutered they started disappearing. I've always wondered if that had anything to do with it. minusculethinking  

I've gotten the feral cat used to me enough that she lets me pet her now; rubs up against my legs, but she won't come out of the bedroom because she's afraid of the male cat.

Maybe someday. 

Enjoy your new furry friend. Maybe he'll come around after he gets used to you.

My Laz was feral when I first rescued him, but that lasted all of six seconds after he walked into the house. He made the house his, and he was king of the home from his arrival.

We had a rule regarding Lazarus to all folk that visited. We would warn them,
Lazarus will let you pet him once with no problem.
If you are extremely lucky, he will let you pet him a second time.
If you attempt to pet Lazarus a third, expect a trip to the emergency room.

He was an extremely loving cat, when "he" wanted to be loving. He would climb in your lap, when he wanted attention, he was extremely protective and in all of his 21 years with us, he always came on command and responded to his name. I swear he was more like a dog in his behavior than cat.
So I don't have a problem with cats that don't like to be held or petted. Lazarus trained me well.

Pic of Laz playing with the pups, that aren't pups anymore.

[Image: Laz-with-pups-2.jpg]

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
Meet Spot - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-15-2020, 06:33 PM
RE: Meet Spot - by Schmoe1 - 07-15-2020, 06:37 PM
RE: Meet Spot - by F2d5thCav - 07-15-2020, 06:37 PM
RE: Meet Spot - by Mystic Wanderer - 07-15-2020, 06:54 PM
RE: Meet Spot - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-15-2020, 08:16 PM
RE: Meet Spot - by Moonmagic - 07-15-2020, 07:54 PM
RE: Meet Spot - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-16-2020, 09:20 PM
RE: Meet Spot - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-17-2020, 03:40 PM
RE: Meet Spot - by Mystic Wanderer - 07-17-2020, 04:26 PM