Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jeff Sessions loses comeback bid in Alabama runoff
(07-15-2020, 01:51 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"Snarl" 

Quote:ETA:  No fan of Trump here.  I was glad to see a 3d Party candidate ... and I truly enjoyed watching him ridicule the 'strong' majority of GOP candidates during his ascension.

I think a thread on Trump and what people think of him would be an interesting read.

I am not into political personalities.  "Action, not words".  Yes, it was refreshing to see someone from outside of the "system" come in and clean up.  The 2016 election, and what we're seeing of the DNC action for 2020 . . . is a stunning indictment of the corruption and incompetence of the political party system.  And that, much more than any single candidate IMO, spells trouble for the Republic.

Cheers

I've never made a secret of what I think of Donald Trump. He's a New York real estate tycoon... too much ego, about as politically incorrect as you can get, used to getting his own way, and a Yankee to boot. If I were to try and sit down to have a talk over a beer with him, he'd probably have me hating his guts within 10 minutes.

And that is exactly why I support him. That's why a couple of years ago I supported Judge Roy Moore for Senate. I didn't particularly like Judge Roy for a Senator... but I knew he would turn every progressive within 100 miles of DC bald from pulling out their own hair! I was really wanting to see Maxine Waters' head literally explode the first time he walked into the Senate chambers.

The status quo has gone far, far beyond the pale. Government corruption is so bad and so intertwined that politicians aren't even trying to hide it! Why should they? The law doesn't apply to them. Every single one who has cried "He's not above the law!" are themselves actually above the law. So to my thinking, we need someone who can completely turn the government upside down, destroy that status quo, and make all the swamp critters show their true colors. Donald Trump has done just that.

I was hoping he could do the job in four years... nope, not so much. It's going to take eight at least. I really wish we could have someone more genteel in the office, but it's not possible to have both brash arrogance and genteel at the same time. So I am going with the brash arrogance to clean out the problems, then we can get to the genteel. Hopefully by 2024... depends on how far the DNC melts down by then.

In the meantime, we're getting a few things we needed: a better economy, better trade deals, a southern border wall, more respect from other countries... even though that last one may come at the loss of some adoration. I'll take respect over adoration any day.

TheRedneck

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jeff Sessions loses comeback bid in Alabama runoff - by TheRedneck - 07-15-2020, 02:51 PM