Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Time For Reflection
Quote:“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair …, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way …”

While listening to the local news today, I became frustrated with what I was hearing. I would like to bury my head in the sand and just walk away from the media and the internet, but my job makes that an impossibility. Especially right now, when policy and procedure is being dictated by the rulings of the CDC and the State.

So while I was calming myself, and utilizing my self taught techniques for controlling my anger, the quote from "The Tale Of Two Cities", just popped in my head. Followed immediately with,

Quote:“Better never means better for everyone... It always means worse, for some.”

― Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale

Both gave me pause, because we almost always review and respond to things that affect us on a personal level, this is instinctive and almost automatic. It is not until we reach the point where we realize there is so little that we have any real control over, other than ourselves, and that many of the things we can change, requires the help of others that agree to work with us, that we become more realistically inclusive in our thinking.

When times are good, they are horrible for many others. No one is happily willing to swap places with the man on the cross, regardless of how innocent he is. So we do what we do usually from a sense of what is right and what is righteous, but there will always be others that don't see us as either.

I think it is time to go out with my dogs, and take a walk in the woods. Time to take a break.
When I see things like this, the thing that gives me the closest thing to "peace" (other than taking a walk in nature) is realizing we all chose our path before we came here. There were certain lessons we wanted to learn, and karma we needed to burn off.  Of course, you'd have to believe in reincarnation. 

People ask, well why would I have chosen such a brutal life for myself? You would have to study the many books and countless hours of research to understand the answer, like I did. 

It took me over 40 years to finally get my ah-ha moment and know in my heart that reincarnation is real, in my opinion.

The world is going through an awakening right now, and we each chose to be here at this time for a purpose, no matter how big or small that purpose is.
Yes, I get sad and frustrated when I see so much pain and suffering, but again, everyone chose their own path.
(07-14-2020, 04:27 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
Quote:“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair …, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way …”

While listening to the local news today, I became frustrated with what I was hearing. I would like to bury my head in the sand and just walk away from the media and the internet, but my job makes that an impossibility. Especially right now, when policy and procedure is being dictated by the rulings of the CDC and the State.

So while I was calming myself, and utilizing my self taught techniques for controlling my anger, the quote from "The Tale Of Two Cities", just popped in my head. Followed immediately with,

Quote:“Better never means better for everyone... It always means worse, for some.”

― Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale

Both gave me pause, because we almost always review and respond to things that affect us on a personal level, this is instinctive and almost automatic. It is not until we reach the point where we realize there is so little that we have any real control over, other than ourselves, and that many of the things we can change, requires the help of others that agree to work with us, that we become more realistically inclusive in our thinking.

When times are good, they are horrible for many others. No one is happily willing to swap places with the man on the cross, regardless of how innocent he is. So we do what we do usually from a sense of what is right and what is righteous, but there will always be others that don't see us as either.

I think it is time to go out with my dogs, and take a walk in the woods. Time to take a break.

I have gotten to the point where I only watch the local morning news a few times per week for weather and traffic, once they show those I turn it off. It is too stressful and depressing these days. Plus this apocalypse is lame! I haven't seen even one zombie or heard a single trumpet! Right now I would trade the virus and the protests/riots/looting for a massive Yellowstone eruption in a heartbeat!
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
@"GeauxHomeLittleD" 
Quote:Plus this apocalypse is lame! I haven't seen even one zombie or heard a single trumpet! Right now I would trade the virus and the protests/riots/looting for a massive Yellowstone eruption in a heartbeat!

I'm with you on this, Give Me Yellowstone!
We could use a fresh start.
We don't own a TV and we get our news at trusted sites, this being one Liberty Daily
With Yellowstone, all the Snowflakes would Melt Down in Hysteria and run for their underground safe place and hug their stuffed puppies and rabbits and Pee themselves.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(07-14-2020, 08:00 PM)guohua Wrote: @"GeauxHomeLittleD" 
Quote:Plus this apocalypse is lame! I haven't seen even one zombie or heard a single trumpet! Right now I would trade the virus and the protests/riots/looting for a massive Yellowstone eruption in a heartbeat!

We don't own a TV and we get our news at trusted sites, this being one Liberty Daily
With Yellowstone, all the Snowflakes would Melt Down in Hysteria and run for their underground safe place and hug their stuffed puppies and rabbits and Pee themselves.

[Image: ucqyKAh.jpg]
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
(07-14-2020, 08:35 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 08:00 PM)guohua Wrote: @"GeauxHomeLittleD" 

[Image: ucqyKAh.jpg]

tinylaughing
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(07-14-2020, 05:08 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: I have gotten to the point where I only watch the local morning news a few times per week for weather and traffic, once they show those I turn it off. It is too stressful and depressing these days. Plus this apocalypse is lame! I haven't seen even one zombie or heard a single trumpet! Right now I would trade the virus and the protests/riots/looting for a massive Yellowstone eruption in a heartbeat!

Yellowstone is way too far away, it would take too long. If I don't get taken out fast I am in trouble. I am not likely to get raptured, so I will definitely be one of the left behind. 
tinywondering
(07-14-2020, 08:35 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: [Image: ucqyKAh.jpg]

Well since I live in Florida, I can always hope for a sink hole.
Hang in there!  I have good news for all of you!   tinybiggrin 

There is supposed to be a major solar flash that just about destroys all life on Earth coming soon; it's actually overdue, according to the "experts". 

So, if you want something quick to take your mind off the Covid virus, this should do the trick.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nasa.gov%2Fsites%2F...f=1&nofb=1]
(07-14-2020, 09:23 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Hang in there!  I have good news for all of you!   tinybiggrin 

There is supposed to be a major solar flash that just about destroys all life on Earth coming soon; it's actually overdue, according to the "experts". 

So, if you want something quick to take your mind off the Covid virus, this should do the trick.

We seem to be past due a lot for a lot of apocalyptic catastrophes. Maybe there really enough good people that are holding back the hammer.
I like to listen to music all day. Or sometimes just turn everything off and enjoy the quiet. 

But I realize there are bigger things that could happen, like Betelgeuse going super nova and bathing the Earth in gamma rays, destroying all life .  

I just live my life as peaceful as I can, try to find humor in everything. Try to do this , if you can. 

Just my 2 cents. 

minusculebeercheers
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(07-14-2020, 09:23 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Hang in there!  I have good news for all of you!   tinybiggrin 

But, I thought we were at a solar minimum..........  https://www.solarham.net/
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere