Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Chronovisor. What is it?
(07-04-2020, 07:41 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(07-04-2020, 07:00 PM)Schmoe1 Wrote: I guess that's a form of time travel, but I don't believe in time travel to the past.  That would mean time itself is a traversable object and not linear.  Time is a man made unit of measurement.

Also, I've heard many scientists from our present day say that they discovered time is NOT linear. They say the past, present, and future are all NOW. Don't ask me to explain that.   tinysurprised

Nope, time is not linear, and yes, everywhen all exists simultaneously right now. As @"Schmoe1" observes, however, the CONCEPT of linear time as experienced by us is a man-made concept, an attempt by the mind to explain how we experience the flow of time.

What we perceive is not always what is "real" - it's just our limited way of experiencing a much larger reality. It's sort of like peering through a telescope and seeing a round one degree diameter portion of a very much bigger sky. The rest of the sky is still there, we just can't see it all at once through that telescope.

All of "time", "past". "present", and "future" - everywhen - exists in the same place and all in "now". A way to try understanding that is to say that each instant is slightly out of phase from all of the rest, and can not be experienced except when we are in phase with that instant. There are an infinite number of vectors for that phase, so infinite instants are able to all coexist all at once - they are only experienced linearly, sequentially, as "time moving forward" because of our limited physical abilities.

Some people have experienced "time slips" because their natural "phase" shifted a bit and allowed them to see a time period that was not their own. There are numerous cases of that occurring which can be found as stories on the internet. I personally think that some of the mysterious disappearances - not all, but at least some of them - can also be attributed to this phenomena. Those individuals may have simply gone through a more permanent phase shift to another time period, and never were able to return.

While I believe a machine of this sort IS possible to build, I don't believe any physicist Catholic priests have ever built one. I think it is a hoax - but it wouldn't be the first hoax perpetrated by the Catholic Church. The image above of the Crucifixion is without a doubt in my mind a hoax. The explanation of "picking up latent "electromagnetic radiation" is suspect, for one thing. They seem not to understand the basic nature of things, and that makes it vanishingly less likely that they ever managed to accidentally trip across a build for this kind of machine.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
The Chronovisor. What is it? - by Mystic Wanderer - 07-04-2020, 06:28 PM
RE: The Chronovisor. What is it? - by Schmoe1 - 07-04-2020, 07:00 PM
RE: The Chronovisor. What is it? - by Ninurta - 07-04-2020, 09:17 PM
RE: The Chronovisor. What is it? - by Schmoe1 - 07-04-2020, 09:33 PM
RE: The Chronovisor. What is it? - by guohua - 07-04-2020, 07:43 PM
RE: The Chronovisor. What is it? - by guohua - 07-04-2020, 09:49 PM