Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Celebrating Independence Day by being compliant
Thumbs Up 
I guess you could file this under, "Rant By Angry Old Man".

In a couple of days, Americans are going to "celebrate" the 4th of July, Independence Day.

They will do it with masks on because that's what the government is telling them to do.

They won't be able to go to beaches, lakes, rivers in many states because the government is telling them not to.

They won't be at bars, restaurants, clubs, because the government says they have to stay closed.

They will celebrate independence from a crual government over-reach by only doing what the state, local, federal government tells them they can do.

I propose changing the name to "Irony Day" because our nation has become one of candy-asses who soil their skinny jeans when they see someone without a mask unless they're tearing down a statue or trying to destroy Mt. Rushmore.

On Saturday, while many are celebrating in a neat and tidy prescribed government fashion, I'll be mourning the loss of the independent spirit that once made us great.
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
I'll be outside without a mask watching my neighbors put on as good a show with fireworks as I'd see anywhere else.
They do it every year and I get to sit on the comfort of my porch and watch. tinybiggrin
(07-02-2020, 08:30 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I'll be outside without a mask watching my neighbors put on as good a show with fireworks as I'd see anywhere else.
They do it every year and I get to sit on the comfort of my porch and watch. tinybiggrin

I'll be knocking the cobwebs off my smoker and cooking a variety of dead animal flesh and drinking.

tinybiggrin
-Abraham Lincoln
(07-02-2020, 08:30 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I'll be outside without a mask watching my neighbors put on as good a show with fireworks as I'd see anywhere else.

Much the same here. It will be no different than any other. One of my neighbors was just on the phone with my Mom going over the menu so they would not be doubling up on stuff and missing out on others.

Of course there will be a lot of neighbors with fireworks and there will be a lot of target practice.
What sticks in my craw is everyone in the media spouting on how wearing a god-damned mask is Patriotic.

THAT pisses me off!
-Abraham Lincoln
(07-02-2020, 09:21 PM)beez Wrote: What sticks in my craw is everyone in the media spouting on how wearing a god-damned mask is Patriotic.

THAT pisses me off!

The media is made up of idiots.    meh
(07-02-2020, 08:20 PM)beez Wrote: I guess you could file this under, "Rant By Angry Old Man".
I will take one for the team this year Fuzzy One. It will be a sunny 75 degree day here and a 65 degree night.

So plans here are a roaring bonfire, a lot of spirits (and alcohol too!) smoked meat, not a lot of clothes and a bunch of tannerite out on the range.

LOL@masks.

Got a Gadson flag flying under my American one at the front gate... if you want to burn it and are wondering what the painted line is at the base of the flagpole, that is 670 yards from my front porch. So I'm all sighted in.

Happy 4th other brother...

minusculebeercheers
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8135]

(07-02-2020, 10:15 PM)Lumenari Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 08:20 PM)beez Wrote: I guess you could file this under, "Rant By Angry Old Man".
I will take one for the team this year Fuzzy One. It will be a sunny 75 degree day here and a 65 degree night.

So plans here are a roaring bonfire, a lot of spirits (and alcohol too!) smoked meat, not a lot of clothes and a bunch of tannerite out on the range.

LOL@masks.

Got a Gadson flag flying under my American one at the front gate... if you want to burn it and are wondering what the painted line is at the base of the flagpole, that is 670 yards from my front porch. So I'm all sighted in.

Happy 4th other brother...

minusculebeercheers

Happy 4th, Little Sister.

minusculebeercheers
-Abraham Lincoln
I'm hoping to be extra-phlegmy on the 4th...as I have some neighbors over for a mask-free party of booze, burgers, dogs and fireworks.
After we get all 'patriotic' and liquored-up...we're going down the street, toppling racist lawn jockeys.

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8008]    

Just as long as you leave "Naked Man Flinging Babies" alone.

Because, America!
-Abraham Lincoln
(07-02-2020, 11:06 PM)beez Wrote: [Image: attachment.php?aid=8008]

Just as long as you leave "Naked Man Flinging Babies" alone.

Because, America!

Okay.
But I can't guarantee the safety of "Perverted Doctor Collecting Baby Poop".
 [Image: The-Worlds-Most-Bizarre-and-WTF-Statues-0003.jpg]

[Image: giphy.gif]

My town is one in several cities in my metro area that will have fireworks. This means that every Tom dick and harry will be coming from miles around to see our fireworks. It will be a big damn mess. They are shooting the fireworks really high so supposedly 85% of people in my town will see them. I will sit on my patio at dusk and cross my fingers, while doing lots of drinking. I have enough food and liquor for an army. Everyone in town is asking where the best vantage point is for seeing the fireworks. Of course, they have closed all the parks and the park where they are shooting the fireworks will be all fenced off. I have a feeling it will be a complete shitshow. I’m not going anywhere though. I will stay home and probably shoot my drunken mouth off on Facebook, Nextdoor, ATS, and here. ‘Murcia!  tinylaughing
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
(07-02-2020, 11:26 PM)IAMTAT Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 11:06 PM) pid=\43103' Wrote: 

Okay.
But I can't guarantee the safety of "Perverted Doctor Collecting Baby Poop".
 [Image: The-Worlds-Most-Bizarre-and-WTF-Statues-0003.jpg]

"Collecting Baby Poop" was the name of my band in college.
-Abraham Lincoln
(07-02-2020, 11:38 PM)ChiefD Wrote: My town is one in several cities in my metro area that will have fireworks. This means that every Tom dick and harry will be coming from miles around to see our fireworks. It will be a big damn mess. They are shooting the fireworks really high so supposedly 85% of people in my town will see them. I will sit on my patio at dusk and cross my fingers, while doing lots of drinking. I have enough food and liquor for an army. Everyone in town is asking where the best vantage point is for seeing the fireworks. Of course, they have closed all the parks and the park where they are shooting the fireworks will be all fenced off. I have a feeling it will be a complete shitshow. I’m not going anywhere though. I will stay home and probably shoot my drunken mouth off on Facebook, Nextdoor, ATS, and here. ‘Murcia!  tinylaughing

Our dogs don't like fireworks, so we'll be babying them.

And drinking.
-Abraham Lincoln
(07-02-2020, 11:38 PM)ChiefD Wrote: My town is one in several cities in my metro area that will have fireworks. This means that every Tom dick and harry will be coming from miles around to see our fireworks. It will be a big damn mess. They are shooting the fireworks really high so supposedly 85% of people in my town will see them. I will sit on my patio at dusk and cross my fingers, while doing lots of drinking. I have enough food and liquor for an army. Everyone in town is asking where the best vantage point is for seeing the fireworks. Of course, they have closed all the parks and the park where they are shooting the fireworks will be all fenced off. I have a feeling it will be a complete shitshow. I’m not going anywhere though. I will stay home and probably shoot my drunken mouth off on Facebook, Nextdoor, ATS, and here. ‘Murcia!  tinylaughing

Out here in the woods, we can hear the fireworks, but unless they go off way up in the air, can't see them. And it is rare they go that high.

My neighbors usually gather and will set them off ourselves for the kids.
(07-02-2020, 09:21 PM)beez Wrote: What sticks in my craw is everyone in the media spouting on how wearing a god-damned mask is Patriotic.

THAT pisses me off!

Just get a group chant going... No Masks. Know Peace.
(07-02-2020, 11:47 PM)Ahabstar Wrote:

THAT pisses me off!

The only mask I'll ever wear is the one that hides my secret identity from evil-doers.

The Mardi-Gras one with the feathers. tinylaughing
-Abraham Lincoln
(07-02-2020, 11:57 PM)beez Wrote:

THAT pisses me off!

The only mask I'll ever wear is the one that hides my secret identity from evil-doers.

That was YOU!?[Image: 289341807010201.gif?to=crop&r=256]
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(07-03-2020, 12:04 AM)guohua Wrote:

THAT pisses me off!

That was YOU!?[Image: 289341807010201.gif?to=crop&r=256]

tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing

Yes.

Yes it was.
-Abraham Lincoln

THAT pisses me off!

I was afraid you was going to say a ball gag and Zorro’s bandana mask...