Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Report From The Real World
(06-28-2020, 09:04 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(06-28-2020, 08:46 PM)kdog Wrote: My real world is pretty normal, except when I go to work in the city. To see everything boarded up, graffiti everywhere, tents set up in the center of the city, looking like a ghost town, I fell like we have lost something as a society. 

It's pretty much same as usual when I go to the store or go out to eat in a restaurant, all races , young and old, getting along and respecting each other. 

Downtown, totally a different world.

Soon the boards will come down and the area will be anew. Maybe those area that have fallen will need to be redone and better incorporated into the community. The cities are often hubs of commerce where people gather to spend money. Maybe less focus on stuff and a remodeling of the venues to embrace community.

I am just throwing stuff out there. I tried living in the city, but that old saying that, "you can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl", rings too true for me.  I could not  tolerate apartment buildings, especially high rises. I  felt like I was living in an ant colony.

We have been living in a one bedroom apartment for 6 years now, about 8 miles from downtown, basically a suburb with plenty of shops and stuff close by ,  because of my divorce and being broke,but real soon, within the next year, we will be buying some property in south west Kentucky. We are both country people , more so my wife than I. 
People are selling their hunting and vacation lands around here and the prices keep dropping.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere

Messages In This Thread
Report From The Real World - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 06-28-2020, 08:35 PM
RE: Report From The Real World - by kdog - 06-28-2020, 08:46 PM
RE: Report From The Real World - by kdog - 06-28-2020, 10:13 PM
RE: Report From The Real World - by ChiefD - 06-28-2020, 10:41 PM