Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Ghost (hopefully not a demon) Experience
Yeah, I have.

Now, first you have to understand that I've dealt with spooks nearly all my life, so they don't "spook" me any more like they do normal folk. I can make them "go away", but normally don't unless they're bothering folks too much. My theory is that everyone and everyTHING has to be somewhere, so I won't run 'em off unless they get bothersome.

So the tale that relates to yours is this:

In about 2011, I was living in an old brick 2 story house on Rauhut Street in Burlington, NC. I was working 3rd shift security at the time, 12 hour shifts Friday through Monday morning. One Saturday, after I got off work, I went home and went upstairs to lay down where normal household noises wouldn't disturb me. This is the same room in that attic my son used to sleep in, and where he claimed he had seen "things" - an old woman specifically, who would just stand there a couple minutes and then fade out.

So I had just laid down in the bed, and in a couple minutes I felt the other side of the bed "sink", like someone had laid down on it. Thinking my wife at the time might have come up to lay down with me a while, I rolled my head over my shoulder to make sure it was her... but there was no one, and no thing, there. So I rolled my head back the other way where it was more comfortable, and I said right out loud "Don't know who you are, don't care. You stay on your side of the bed, and it'll all be good, but if you come over here, you're about to have more trouble than you can handle" and I closed my eyes to go to sleep. Maybe 30 seconds or a minute later, I felt the bed rise back up again like someone was getting out of it, and that was the end of that. No more trouble. I went on to sleep and slept like a baby until it was time to get up.

The house was odd. Apparently an old black couple had lived there, and had died in the house of old age. We had hardwood floors, and I used to find teeth laying in the middle of the dining room floor. That happened 3 or 4 times, never did figure out where the teeth came from. Some times, even though no one was cooking anything, you could smell pork chops cooking. I did find an old picture of an old black guy on top of one of the cabinets in the bathroom, and there was a tooth, a molar, laid up there with it.

I recall one night seeing something that looked like a big white cotton ball, about the size of a basketball, rolling along the hallway floor while I was in bed. I thought my daughter's rabbit had got loose, and went to catch it and put it back in it's cage, but couldn't find it... until I looked in it's cage, where it had been the whole time, unless it had figured out how to fasten and unfasten the cage whenever it wanted out, which I find doubtful.

My son swore an old woman lived in the attic, and he would see her sometimes. He said she lived in the crawl space on either side of the bedroom up there.

The whole lot of us piled into the van and went shopping one evening, and when we came home, there was a pyramid stacked up in the bathroom right in front of the toilet made out of shampoo bottles and the like stacked in a neat pyramid.

I was laying on the couch one night, watching TV, and caught motion out of the corner of my eye. When I looked to see who was up, there was a very tall figure gliding down the hallway towards the back door dressed in a black hooded robe, hood up over it's head, with red trim on the robe. It vanished before I could get ahold of it. I saw the same thing one evening towards twilight outside, gliding past the kitchen window.

I got up one morning and found something that looked like runes scratched into the hardwood floor in the dining room, right in from of one of my dog's crates.

Yup, it was an odd house. Whatever was there never did bother me - it was more like it was trying to scare me, and when it couldn't it was like "Fuck! What do I do now? How am I supposed to ramp this up enough to scare him?" The tall thing in the robe didn't get it done, and when that didn't work, it just set about trying to scare everyone else in the house... but by then, I didn't give a shit if they were scared or not. That sounds callous, but our oldest daughter was bringing weird people in and playing with Ouija boards and shit, so I told her to stop that shit, and when she didn't, I told her whatever she brought in could have her - I wasn't gonna do a damned thing about it if she was gonna insist on importing it.

At least one thing followed her when she left. I have a recording somewhere that she brought to me of an EVP of something that sounds like a lion growling when she was trying to talk to it. She said she didn't hear a thing at the time, and just heard it on playback. Scared the hell out of her was why she came to me, but play stupid games after you've been warned, and win stupid prizes. 

Some folks only learn by experience. She also said it shoved her once and nearly shoved her down the stairs. What did she expect me to do about it? I ran that crap off several times, and she'd just bring something else right back in. I got tired of that shit. Not gonna waste my time like that when she'd just bring something else in for me to have to throw out. So I told her that I'd already warned her, more than once, and she ignored me - so she was on her own with it.

The woman I was married to at the time used to swear she was gonna haunt me after she died, and I always told her she'd better do it naked, so that it was at least entertaining. She died a little over a year and a half ago, and I ain't seen her yet, so I reckon she was just bullshitting me.

Or maybe she just doesn't want to haunt me naked.

ETA: My wife now, Grace, said she also felt something get in bed with her in the house my grandparents built when we were staying there a few years back. I wasn't there for that, so I dunno just what happened. I know I used to hear folks walking in it in the night time when no one was up, but I never had anything get in bed with me there. I did find a dime standing ON EDGE on a computer keyboard there one time. Took photos, but hell, it was just a dime standing on edge, and don't prove anything at all.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Ghost (hopefully not a demon) Experience - by Ninurta - 06-28-2020, 11:25 AM