Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Feels familiar, yet new
(06-20-2020, 11:48 AM)727Sky Wrote:
(06-19-2020, 05:38 PM)projectvxn Wrote: I'm glad to have been invited to this community. ATS is falling apart and I feel like a refugee. 

I spent a lot of time thinking about the course they will be taking. I give them a month, maybe two at most, and all the work I put on that site will disappear forever. I don't wanna make this entirely about ATS. I just think it's important to discuss where I'm coming from and how I wound up here. Though I have a sneaking suspicion that the reasons and circumstances that brought me here are similar to many others who already made the exodus. 

I fully intend to contribute as much here as I did there only more so. I need a place that will really allow creative content.

For those of you who don't know who I am: 

I am a combat veteran, OEF 13-14

I am a husband for the last 15 years and a father for the last 7. 

I am a martial artist with a decent background and a beginner's mindset. Currently focused on Gracie Jiu-Jitsu.

I am a leader. I believe in leadership through accountability, compassion, and empathy. 

I am a follower. I believe in following leaders who lead with accountability, compassion, and empathy. 

I am on The Path. The Path of personal growth, discipline, and responsibility. 

I am a conservative man. This does not make me inaccessible, rigid, or unchanging. But it does make me cautious in accepting ideas without first placing them through proper filters. 

I am always striving to be better today than I was yesterday and unapologetically seek to be better

I am seeking more responsibility not less. 

I am not religious. Nor do I have a right to say that I believe in God. Belief requires truth and action. If I believe in God it isn't enough to say that I do, but I must act as though I do by emulating what God is. I am human and will never achieve this. So therefore I acknowledge God as the creator of the universe and I acknowledge God's authority over it. But I cannot say that I believe in God in accordance with my convictions.  

Sometimes I fail to live up to my own standards. In those moments I require the calibration of others who are sticking with their standards. We all need to be checked. 

I do NOT always subordinate my ego. You'll know when that happens. Everyone does. 

Generally, I'm just another human on God's Earth. I am entitled to nothing but my responsibilities. 

I'm projectvxn. People not on the internet know me as Bryan. Nice to meet you.

Glad to see you made it around here ! Welcome

Thank you!
(06-19-2020, 10:19 PM)Night Star Wrote: Hello and welcome!  minusculebeercheers

Good to see you here Night Star.