Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Censorship Against "The Right" Must STOP!
Item: My own brother got banned from Facebook due to his political view not meshing very well with those of the left. He made a new account, and his very first post was "let's see how long it takes the bastards to ban me this time." Some of my family are not well noted for their finesse, but being MY brother, he's never been wrong!

Item: The Left is ramping up a "Sue till their blue" campaign, where they are suing to gerrymander entire district in their favor. Gerrymandering is, I believe, illegal here,,, yet they somehow get away with it,

Sub-item: until the year 2000, "blue" was the color of the right, and RED was the color of the left. Neat and sneaky how they suddenly changed that, isn't it?

Item: while distasteful, private companies like Facebook are not trampling our right to free speech by banning us. They are within their rights, as private companies, to squelch our speech away. The First Amendment guarantee of free speech applies ONLY to government entities, not private companies.

Item: I firmly believe that the time to defend our speech in the public forum with mere words has long passed. The only thing that can be heard now is the ballot of the bullet box. It's coming, this year I believe. More is the pity that I am now too old to take up arms, run, jump, and play like once I was. The only hail of fire I can go down in now is the one they spark when they come to get me - I can no longer carry the fight too them. If, by some chance, they bypass me, I'm going to die an old slave, lamenting the world I delivered to my children and grandchildren.

Dangerous times indeed!

Note: Lately I've been thinking over my role in the Cold War and I think we may have miscalculated. By collapsing the Soviet Union ( which we did a spectacular job of), we may have inadvertently left a totalitarian vacuum. Nature abhors a vacuum, and so to balance things out, the totalitarian Left is merging on the US, once (but no longer) the bastion of freedom. I think we screwed the pooch on that one, and would much rather see a totalitarian Soviet Union than a totalitarian Union of Soviet States of America...

... but here we are, and we are not in the same free country I grew up in.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Censorship Against "The Right" Must STOP! - by Wallfire - 05-07-2019, 05:44 PM
RE: Censorship Against "The Right" Must STOP! - by Ninurta - 05-08-2019, 08:35 AM
RE: Censorship Against "The Right" Must STOP! - by Wallfire - 05-08-2019, 10:12 AM