Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Skyscrapers of a bleak city loom out of icy mist on Tazov peninsula - but it is an am
I have never seen this sort of thing before, but I have seen floating islands and ships

Quote:By The Siberian Times

10 December 2018
Despite appearances, there is no city anywhere near this oil and gas facility in the Arctic.
[Image: information_items_7512.jpg]
The picture was snapped by a worker at Yamburgskoe oil and gas condensate field.
The amazing phantom city was pictured from Yamburgskaya gas-compressor station some 150 kilometres above the polar circle.
The temperature here was reported to be a bone-chilling minus 50C.
Nearest city Novy Urengoy with a 115,000 population is some 130 kilometres to the south.
The picture was snapped by a worker at Yamburgskoe oil and gas condensate field, on Tazov peninsula in Yamal-Nenets autonomous district.
[Image: inside_mirage_1.jpg]
The amazing phantom city was pictured from Yamburgskaya gas-compressor station some 150 kilometres above the polar circle.
The mirage is believed to be a Fata Morgana, most commonly seen in polar regions.
This involves a thermal inversion .
It is known as a complex form of superior mirage seen in a narrow band immediately above the horizon.
The curvature of the light rays within the inversion layer is stronger than the curvature of the Earth.
Yamburgskoe oil and gas condensate field, on Tazov peninsula in Yamal-Nenets autonomous district.

[Image: inside_yamburg.jpg]

source
WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH, THE EU IS FATHER AND MOTHER
That's totally fascinating.   tinybighuh 

I have no big scientific words to use here, but I'd say it has something to do with another time bleeding through, caused by light and the extreme cold somehow. 

Awesome!   smallawesome
I have heard of the Fata Morgana before, but that is the first time I've ever seen a photo of it.

Fascinating!
“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” ― Ernest Hemingway
That is mind blowing and eerie! Thanks for posting this.