Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
No hope for the UK
Two people I know who both have Phds who had been working in English universitys one for 2 years the other for 1 year. At the weekend i met the one that had been in England for 2 years for coffee.
I would like to share two of the story's I was told.
When they told the students that course work need to be handed in on time, students made a complaint that this was causing them stress, psychological problems and feelings of dread.
So they were instructed to pass students with or with out the course work( not sure how that was done )
The second thing they told me was bad.
They were informed if a muslim was on the course they were to pass, BA or MA. Some what confused my friend ask why.
No real answer was forth coming but in the end an answer was given, and here it is.
In the religion of islam its god who decides what you do, so if they are on the course its gods will. To stop them from getting there course (BA MA) is racism,so they must pass. 
It seems this is the same rule no matter what course, doctor, nurse, ect.
What a wonderful place the UK has become.
Both of my friends left the UK and returned home because they could not stand the low level of Phd teachers there who seemed to be only interested in PC and the left, and the giving away  of BA and MA with no real work done to earn them
Why look darlin' there's a country eating itself from the inside.

Quote:World Mental Health Day: PM appoints suicide prevention minister.

'A minister for suicide prevention has been appointed in England by the prime minister as
the government hosts the first ever global mental health summit. Theresa May said the
appointment of Health Minister Jackie Doyle-Price to the new role will help tackle the
stigma surrounding suicide.

While suicide rates are falling, 4,500 people take their own lives every year.
The appointment comes as ministers and officials from more than 50 countries assemble
in London for the summit.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4605]

Jackie Doyle-Price 

Wednesday's meeting - hosted by Health Secretary Matt Hancock and attended by the Duke
and Duchess of Cambridge - coincides with World Mental Health Day.
The government has also promised more support in schools, bringing in new mental health
support teams and offering help in measuring students' health, including their mental wellbeing.

Ms May said: "We can end the stigma that has forced too many to suffer in silence and prevent
the tragedy of suicide taking too many lives." Alongside the announcement, the prime minister
pledged £1.8m to the Samaritans so the charity can continue providing its free helpline for the
next four years.

Hannah Lewis - who campaigns for improvements to mental health services having suffered from
panic attacks, anxiety and suicidal thoughts as a teenager -said that it can be a year before
someone who is referred for help actually begins treatment.

She told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "Mental health is known to deteriorate when you
are left without help, and you can only imagine how things got worse with me."

Ms Lewis welcomed the government's announcement - especially the proposals to bring more
awareness of mental health into schools - but she added: "More joined-up working at schools
and early intervention is great, but we need to make sure then there are sufficient services to
be signposted to."

Mrs Doyle-Price, who has been an MP since 2010, will now become the minister for mental
health, inequalities and suicide prevention. As health is devolved separately to the UK's four
nations, her role will include making sure each local area in England has effective plans to
stop unnecessary deaths and to look into how technology could help identify those at risk.

She said she understood the "tragic, devastating and long-lasting" effect of suicide on families,
having met some of those bereaved. "It's these people who need to be at the heart of what we
do," she added.

Manchester University's Prof Louis Appleby, one of the country's leading experts on suicide,
said having a minister for suicide prevention would "open doors" and make it easier to have
conversations about the role such things as benefits and online gambling have in suicidal
people's lives.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock said the appointment would also help with getting support for
mental illness on a par with services for physical health.
"There is a long road to travel to get there. This is not something you solve overnight," he said.

The Only Way Is Essex star Tommy Mallet wants to encourage other men to open up about their
feelings. Mallet, who has spoken about his mental health struggles during the current ITVBe
series, has started a campaign #icrybecause on social media.

His co-stars have also got involved, revealing what makes them cry.
But others criticised the government's record on mental health.

Marjorie Wallace, chief executive of mental health charity Sane, said there had not been enough
improvements to services since Mrs May pledged to tackle the issue two years ago. "While we
applaud the intention [of the announcement], it is striking that the UK should be hosting such a
summit when we hear daily about people left untreated due to a lack of nurses and doctors,"
she said.

"The prime minister must examine our own mental health system before addressing other
countries."...'
SOURCE:

The UK's twenty-somethings have been infantilised by those in our education systems and those
with agendas to spoil the accepted society.
But the saving-grace is sometimes... they don't gobble it down without a spoon, but say no.

Quote:Should women be spelt womxn?

'Womxn - to the untrained eye it may look like a typo.
But when the Wellcome Collection -a museum and library in London -sent a tweet promoting an event using
the word it led to a Twitter backlash from hundreds of women, and an apology from the organisation.

Like women, womxn refers to females, but it is an attempt to get away from patriarchal language.
Dr Clara Bradbury-Rance, fellow at King's College London, said the spelling "stems from a longstanding objection
to the word woman as it comes from man, and the linguistic routes of the word mean that it really does come from
the word man".
The word is also supposed to be inclusive of trans women, and some non-binary people.

But how is it pronounced? "I've heard womxn pronounced in lots of different ways. I've heard some pronounce it
'wo-minx'," Dr Bradbury-Rance says.

Why did the Wellcome Collection use womxn?
The museum was promoting a four-day event called Daylighting, which featured women's writing, art and ideas.
In a tweet, the museum said it was using the spelling womxn because "we feel that it is important to create a
space/venue that includes diverse perspectives".

But the term led hundreds of people, many women, to mock and criticise the Wellcome Collection.
Guardian journalist Hadley Freeman said the museum's "new gender categories are 'men' and 'other'".
Suzie Leighton said she would not be referred to as a womxn until men became mxn.

One Twitter user said it was "demeaning and insulting to women".
Vanessa Bailey called it "nxnsense" and Gillian Craigie referred to it as "a load of bxllxcks".
Many mocked the spelling, one wrote: "Wxll you xnd your collxborxtors clxxrly hxvx too much timx on your hxnds. Gxt x grip!"

The Wellcome Collection said it used the word womxn "with the intention of being inclusive".
One of the groups that the term was supposed to include was trans women. But campaign group Trans Media Watch said
it would never use that term.

Chair Jennie Kermode said: "We would generally just write women in the usual way because we feel it's important for
people to recognise that trans women are women. "Trans women aren't a special, separate category."
One Twitter user said: "I'm not a womxn though, I'm a woman, so I guess that excludes me."

Dr Bradbury-Rance said: "As far as I can tell I think that the problem has been seen as being too simplistic in their suggestion
that they're being all-inclusive.
"To say just using this word makes them completely inclusive in all lots of different ways - trans women, non-binary people.
"They seem to have used womxn as a fix-all."

A Wellcome Collection spokeswoman said: "We should have put more thought into whether this was the right term to use
when communicating about the event. "We made a mistake, and we should not have used it.
"We're sorry that we made the wrong call."

Ms Kermode added the Wellcome Collection had always done its best to be inclusive "across the spectrum", but added
the museum should have anticipated this response...'
BBC:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=953]
Here we go again with the BBC attempting -a regular chore, to divide people with a fluff-piece.
With the word 'may' being in the title, it's a heads-up that the Diversity Department has got out of the wrong
side of the bed this morning.

As you may be aware, the Journalists -if we call them that, believe everyone works in an office, crosses the
Westminster Bridge every morning and employment is confined to Mega-City One London.

The reality is it's just another article from the Selfie-loving, easily offended mocha-luvvies who tow the trendy-line.
Without offering practical reasons that companies pay people more -regardless of race and gender, the BBC
are now bleating about a supposed problem they had been guilty of.
That of appreciating experience and expertise.

But the weak don't like winners and so by using their usual cry-baby tactic, they demand everyone bend a knee
to the lesser instead of looking to the idea of striving to do better and becoming stronger.

By the way, this is the BBC website's main article!

Quote:Ethnicity pay gap: Firms may be forced to reveal figures.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4606]

'Companies may be forced to reveal their ethnicity pay gap under plans unveiled by the prime minister to help
minorities at work. Theresa May has launched a consultation on whether mandatory reporting will help address
disparities between the pay and career prospects of minorities.

She acknowledged that minorities often "feel like they are hitting a brick wall" at work.
The move follows the decision to make firms reveal their gender pay gaps.

Downing Street said the consultation would allow businesses to share views on what information should be published
"to allow for decisive action to be taken" while at the same time avoiding "undue burdens on businesses".
It will run until January.

The government's Race Disparity Audit last year showed widely varying outcomes in areas including education,
employment, health and criminal justice between Britain's white and ethnic minority populations.

It found that Asian, black and other ethnic groups were disproportionately likely to be on a low income, with just 1% of
non-white police officers in senior roles. Within NHS England, it found that 18% of white job applicants shortlisted got
the job, compared with 11% of ethnic minorities.

Mrs May said: "Our focus is now on making sure the UK's organisations, boardrooms and senior management teams
are truly reflective of the workplaces they manage, and the measures we are taking today will help employers identify
the actions needed to create a fairer and more diverse workforce."

'Catalyst for action'
Mrs May is also due to unveil a Race at Work Charter signed by firms including accountancy giant KPMG, advertising
firm Saatchi & Saatchi, and public sector bodies including NHS England and the Civil Service.

The charter, designed with Business in the Community, commits signatories to increasing recruitment and career progression
of ethnic minority employees.

The prime minister said: "Every employee deserves the opportunity to progress and fulfil their potential in their chosen field,
regardless of which background they are from, but too often ethnic minority employees feel they're hitting a brick wall when it
comes to career progression."

The consultation was welcomed by the CBI employers' group. Matthew Fell, chief UK policy director, said: "Transparency can
be a catalyst for action in tackling the ethnicity pay gap, in the same way that it has been so successful for gender."

The Equality and Human Rights Commission also supported it, with its chairman David Isaac saying: "Extending mandatory
reporting beyond gender will... give employers the insight they need to identify and remove barriers to ethnic minority staff
joining and progressing to the highest level in their organisations."...'
BBC:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

To impress my opinion that the BBC 'mountains out of molehills' or inflate small tales into
a grand story to enhance their own agendas, here's a YouTuber called Myles Power -who
broadcasts close to where I live. Myles touches on the subject on the of media maniplulation
towards the end of the video below.

He's a scientist who looks at fairly-lightweight issues regarding weird theories involving health
and the way we see modern chemistry through the lens of the media.

It's a long video about genetically-modified food protests and the fuzzy manner that people explain
their reasons for joining these demonstrations.

But please, skip to 1hr. 47min where he talks about the small amount of people listening to the what
is said against the amount of the media attending the rally. The second of the protests actually ended
-up on a BBC programme called Panorama.

It's a glimpse into how a narrative is forced and I believe Myles Power is just becoming aware of it!

(10-09-2018, 03:35 PM)Wallfire Wrote: When they told the students that course work need to be handed in on time, students made a complaint that this was causing them stress, psychological problems and feelings of dread.
So they were instructed to pass students with or with out the course work( not sure how that was done )

Well!

I know where I'M going to school the next time I seek a medical degree!

" I don't mind killin' a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight... or if there's money involved... or a woman... "

- Jayne Cobb, Hero of Canton
(10-10-2018, 09:42 PM)BIAD Wrote:
Quote:Should women be spelt womxn?

Like women, womxn refers to females, but it is an attempt to get away from patriarchal language.
Dr Clara Bradbury-Rance, fellow at King's College London, said the spelling "stems from a longstanding objection
to the word woman as it comes from man, and the linguistic routes of the word mean that it really does come from
the word man".

There's another term in wide use for women that does not stem from the word "men" - bitches! These Snowflakes should use that word rather than making up a new one that is impossible to pronounce. Stick it to the man, bitches! Rise against the patriarchy, bitches!

*** DISCLAIMER*** This term should only be applied to human females who are offended by being called "women", the normal and accepted (for centuries now) English term for females of the human species. Any other use may cause an offense of it's own.

Quote:The word is also supposed to be inclusive of trans women, and some non-binary people.

There is also already a word for "trans women" - it's spelled "M-E-N". With or without their naughty bits, genetics don't lie. If I ever see one pop out a baby that doesn't look more like a turd, I may wonder then... but until that day comes, they are MEN in spite of any surgical deletions.

Dafuq is a "non-binary person"? They probably need a more descriptive term for that, too, so we can figure out what the hell they are in the real world.

" I don't mind killin' a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight... or if there's money involved... or a woman... "

(10-11-2018, 09:46 AM)BIAD Wrote:

Sounds like an HR violation to me.

The only firms here that are allowed to reveal figures are strip joints, colloquially known as "titty bars". In my workplace, any revealing of figures is met with stern disapproval and a pink slip. Hell, women working there aren't even allowed to wear short skirts or short shorts... no halter tops, crop tops, or spaghetti straps that might reveal a shoulder, either - much less an entire figure!

That would lead to an interview with HR - Human Resources.

Yup. Sounds like an HR violation to me. The UK must be REALLY progressive!

(10-14-2018, 02:32 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 09:46 AM)BIAD Wrote:

Sounds like an HR violation to me.

The only firms here that are allowed to reveal figures are strip joints, colloquially known as "titty bars". In my workplace, any revealing of figures is met with stern disapproval and a pink slip. Hell, women working there aren't even allowed to wear short skirts or short shorts... no halter tops, crop tops, or spaghetti straps that might reveal a shoulder, either - much less an entire figure!

That would lead to an interview with HR - Human Resources.

Yup. Sounds like an HR violation to me. The UK must be REALLY progressive!

The article should be filed under the heading 'Fake News' as all it's for is to appease a minority that
the author favours. Journalists like these live in a bubble and believe creating a story out of a 'maybe'
or facet of a discussion is classed as news.

Trump is bad because... the UK leaving the EU is bad because...
Because it was decided by the public and rendered the MSM toothless. And they always were.

However, Strip-joints are not bad -unless the gyrating lady is toothless, of course.
tinysurprised