Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Civil War ISOT: Mustang Blue (RB2)

General Grant was on his horse looking down, "General Beauregard.."

"Surrender. You have lost Shilo." Beauregard smiled, "The Butcher of Belmont is fighting the British army.. Your reinforcements are bogged down by Johnston and Longstreet.. This is a pointless slaughter sir.."

Sherman was not very happy, "Ulysses .."

Grant took a deep breath," I.."

The sound of thousands of voices singing Yankee doodle  filled the air, with drums...

Surprised Sherman and Grant both turned around..

"Stuck a feather in his cap and called it macaroni," The drums beat loudly..  After the chorus, "Major Shaw assumed command of Shadow Company marched to shilo.. Thirty thousand adopted Irishmen in arms.. the nightmare of the confederacy..  " After a the beats of the drums, "Yankee doodle keep it up.. Yankee doodle Dandy.."

Green Irish flags where flying joining Union flags..

Beauregard had a worried look cross his face..

"Stand with your fellow soldiers.. This fight is not over," A White  union officer rode along the lines... Other men assumed command of the ragged lines, "We will hold the lines for the union..  By the numbers my Irish boys.. You are fighting to prove you deserve to be here.."

"Negro soldiers," Beauregard swallowed hard..

The man on the horse rode out at full speed, as the Negro Soldiers begun standing next to the men.. All moving professionally, as the tired and beaten Union Army started singing along..

Grant looks at Sherman as the sound of the union army singing echo along the lines for miles.. Hope filled both mens eyes, "Our reinforcements.."

Gatling guns where brought to the front as Union Soldiers made room for the dreaded weapons..

"We will fight as one team.." Black Union officers started giving out orders with green irish flags planted..

Up and down the now reinforced line, black officers sounded off, "Transport wounded back.. Shadow Company, Battle STATIONS! Sound off you bloody bastards.. Gatlings deploying.. ammo lines securing! for Ireland and the Union.."

The sound traveled through woods and seemed to coming from over two miles..

"General Beauregard," A worried aide spoke to him.. "They everywhere.. "

The officer comes up, "General Grant.. Major Robert Shaw.. Acting Commanding officer of Shadow Division. thrity thousand Irishmen strong.. I have split off ten thousand to aid Buell break through.." Seeing a look of surprise," General grant.. Your wall of Irishmen you requested from the butcher of Belmont.. Ten thousand.. Ready to march into confederate lines per operation meatgrinder.. I have sent five thousand out to flank them on both sides.. I was not aware you where arranging for the surrender of the Rebels.. Oh.. Sir.. Captain O'Grady said you would sign my promotion papers sir.."

Grant was shocked, "Irish soldiers?"

"Negro soldiers have not been authorized.. So all of the Negro's where adopted individually by soldiers the Irish Regiments," Shaw grinned on his horse.. "they have all sworn they are family.."

"that bastard never plays by the rules General Beauregard.. " Grant chuckled reading the promotion papers.. "Irishmen.. I will sign them son.."

Beauregard had an aide ride up, "Sir the Yankees are.. Pickets have been engaged by union.. Sir they sent walls of Negro's.. "

Beauregard gets a look on his face, "Ulysses .."

"General Sherman, Aide the Major.. Get his Irishmen ready," Grant handed the orders to Sherman.. "We attack in two hours to allow Beauregard to withdraw his dead and injured.. Then get this major in proper uniform and sign his promotion orders.."

Sherman read the orders and an evil smile crosses his face.. "Lets go Major.."

A second rider came up, "Sir.. the Negros.. General Buell has broken through.. "

Riding back to the lines.. Sherman started singing loudly along, "We move in two hours boys.. General grant has allowed the confederates to retrieve their dead.."

cheers went up an down the line when a union rider said that Buell had broke through on top of shadow company..

"No... Irishmen, we will show our southern brothers honor and let them retrieve their dead," Sherman called out..

Beauregard rode out pissed off.. him and his aides retreated quickly..

Grant rode back with his aide.. Reaching Shaw, "Major.. Thank you.."

"No need sir.. You had to strip to bear bones to man th enorth.. " Seeing the union soldiers looking at him, "We are only five thousand strong.. I sent three thousand to break Buell free.." Seeing the wide eyed soldiers, "You better keep singing and celebrating.. It will take Buell two hours and thirty minues to march here.."

"Captain O'Grady," Grant too a deep breath..

"He has repulsed the British.. It cost him three thousand.." Looking at the men sing, "Captain O'Grady stripped everything he could.. When he surrounded.. He could not leave you boys by yourself.. It breaks his heart to not be here with His general and his boys.. "

"Sir.." One of the dirty defenders spoke, "How goes the fight.."

Grant nodded his head yes..

"Last I saw them.. The tenth wave of British soldiers where floating in the water.. The flag still flew.." shaw smiled, "and that beautiful bastard was stealing British supplies.. Using the British bodies to build a wall.. The Mongoose of Manassas, The butcher of Belmont.. The last orders he gave me.. You go F#$%ing aide my boys.. We have plenty.."

Sherman and grant look at shaw..

"As the eleventh wave was organizing to attack," Shaws lower level Officer shook his head..

"Have the British breached the Defenses," General Grant asked..

"Twice.." Shaw and his Lower level officer laughed..

"General.. He is the butcher of Belmont.. A few wounded men stayed behind.. " Shaw got a look on his face, "They Blew that defense up on the British.. Thousands British dead.."

"Now the British are not so aggressive.. The fight is leaving them.. One Bite at a time," The lower level officer shook his head.. "General.. You have some British Prisoners being sent to you.."

[Image: 261ff4f0b0026496c4caebeeba7d5571.jpg]

"The union held.. The Union has HELD!!! " A boy cries out.. "Butcher of Belmont and Major Custer have split Canada in Two.. Said they are off to play confederate Rebel in what he calls Canada.. Grants masterful gamble paid off with his so called Irishmen.. He is now introducing the British to operation Meatgrinder.."

Grant was inside his command area reading a copy of the paper listening out the window..

Major Shaw was standing in front of him, "He did it sir.. He smashed the British in the north.. "

"And he keeps giving me credit," Grant shook his head.. "Sometimes.."

"General," Shaw stood at attention..

"Relax son.." Grant sat down his paper, "So you where manning the defenses.. Heard your name.."

"Got this grin.. Asked me if I The Robert Shaw serving with Massachusetts.. I told him I was.." Shaw shook his head, "He had received a report that shilo was going on.. He promoted me to Major on the spot.. Grab a friend.. Go assume Command of shadow company.. March them to the Army of the West.."

"The neg.. The boys that had just finished bootcamp," Grant took a deep breath..

"I got held up sir.. " Looking around, "He gave me an order.. Do NOT follow stupid orders and get creative.. He said fight to win not for honor, If I didnt he would dig up my bones and.. Have relations with my skull.."

"What inspired you to.. to lie so well," Grant took a moment? "I am not mad.. Your lie bought time for buell Troops to get in position.."

"General.. One of the officers looked at him.. Captain O'Grady said he had the upmost faith in the Major Shaw of Massachusetts.. He can lead his Irish troops," Shaw took a deep breath.. "He knows the whole Union is counting on him.. I .. I puked.."

Grant looked at him..

"Captain O'Grady said see.. Weakness is leaving his body.." Shaw was a little embarrassed, "see he wont run.. He just committed himself to General Grant's master plan.. He.. He is sick over the fact he has to send so many confederate boys to h#$$.. Several of the older NCO's, as he called them, nodded their heads.. A Major Custer.. Told me welcome to the club.. Sent three NCO's with me.. Said When the battle was over.. If I lived they would begin my real training.. General.."

"Major custer," Grant narrowed his eyes.. "I do not.. One of the Officers who went through the Training.." seeing the look on Shaw's face, "He pulled Custer out of the line.. Humiliated him and made him.. Lets just say, I almost stepped in.. Until I watched this dandie become a real officer.. a very dangerous competent officer.." Shaw looked at Grant, "They played Custer's last stand every three days.. Custer was put in charge of the bottom of the class and had to fight off the upper class and the best of his class.."

"You almost stepped in.. that," Shaw Paused for a second.. "General.."

Grant got a smile, "Custer was fighting the instructors at the end.. And winning.. I found out that he was told he was being groomed by the Mongoose of Manssass to possible lead company X.."

"General.. Was it true," Shaw raised an eyebrow..

"Not at first.. " Grant sighed, "Then he started winning.. I spoke with him.. Now.. He was looking forward to the fight.. He stopped getting surrounded after the first two weeks.. Learned when to listen to his men.. Son.. He earned command of Company X, Rattlesnake company, Lakota company, and the Lionesses.."

"The all woman company," Shaw blinked.. "Is it.. I mean.. Permission to speak off the record.."

"The Lionesses are deployed in canada.. without my authority.." Grant smiled, "I feel sorry for the British.. Make sure you do NOT repeat that..  The deployment of the Lionesses part.."

"Yes sir.. The NCO's mentioned it to me.. They have a no gossip policy.." Shaw had a curious look on his face," General.."

"The British will force the Captain and his Major to retreat.. Care to wager," Grant looked at Shaw..

Wide eyed, "Lioness company will stay behind.. Sir women that.." Shaw rubbed his forehead, "Pose as women, camp whores, and spies.." after a moment, "You have no intention of invading Canada.. You dont have the men.."

"Will you help me compose a letter.. Your eyes are fresher then my eyes.." Grant pointed to a desk, "Captain O'Grady.. We can not feed the prisoners.. Please in the interest of peace immediately.. Son.."

Shaw looked down, "Sir.. May I call Chief Sorin in.. He is untrustworthy .. Has lied multiple times to me.. I was.. He said he was custering me.."

"Chief sorin.."Grant paused, "You mean Lt. Sorin of Rattlesnake company.. Wait.. He sent you with his supply officer? What is that SOB up to?" Looking at Shaw.. "Retrieve his chief.. Saw nothing except that I require an aide to write letters.. Mine are resting.."

"He.. The sent .. Custer sent three officers with me," Shaw was embarrassed.. "Sir.. I mean I suspected ..but the NCO training.. and short time"

"Custer told you.. Welcome to the club," Grant smiled.. "O'Grady's officers are not gentlemen.. I cant help you son.. You are being held to a higher rougher stander.."

Sherman came in, "Grant.. Sir.. We have word from Major Custer.. "

Messages In This Thread
RE: Civil War ISOT: Mustang Blue (RB2) - by Armonica_Templar - 03-29-2020, 10:18 PM