Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Happiness is USSB, Layla, Tiki, and me. The beginning
IN THESE ATMOSPHERIC CONDITIONS”.
“Thank you Tiki for your best guess”.
Layla and I headed back to our talking senescent ship, “Tiki”, to get dressed in something other than our birthday suits. As we were dressing Tiki cloaked and positioned herself over a small village just about 3800 meters or about 2.5 miles away.
Below us was a terrible sight of mayhem and death as some soldiers (they had uniforms) were rounding up the villagers while doing a house to house search. Those who provided resistance were shot on the spot with a weapon that threw metal darts out of the end of a barrel much like our earthly guns used to do.. For all we knew the soldiers could have been the local police force but regardless of the nomenclature of the shooters, those who were shot mostly all died.
Order or mayhem can 'both' come from those with weapons, who have the will to use them.
We were there to observe and let Tiki take and send observations to USSB but the brutality that was being dished out to those who were defenseless was starting to “Piss Me Off” or as Layla wanted me to say, “I was getting perturbed/unhappy”. The meaning of 'Piss me off' did not come across as intended when telepathic mind to mind communication was used.
From what we had gathered about this particular continent's social structure it was the typical society based upon a strong man and his family which on earth would be like a King and Kingdom; with the King's favorites and relatives running the kingdom for him. That type of system works for the uneducated masses with very few exceptions. It was a universal system that could certainly force order on a population while those at the top lived a life of luxury. Otherwise, just another necessary step for some Sentients to get past inbred, brain damaged Royalty as far as I was concerned.
The soldiers must have found who they were looking for as two males and a female were brought before one of the soldiers who appeared to be their version of an officer in charge. A brief discussion and finger pointing ensued and then the two males were bound by their feet and hands and placed on a carry all for transportation. The officer motioned his enforcers to load up, but the lone female stood before him trying to block his way. He shot her in the head as we watched. She crumpled like a paper doll into a forming pool of her own blood. That seemed to be the end of all the mayhem and to have satisfied the soldier's searching and killing in this village, as all the remaining villagers just stared and did not dare move or utter a protest..
I really wanted to rip the officer's head off with Tiki's tractor beam assistance; which we could have done in a blink of an eye.... or..... get into the head of one of his subordinates and have them shoot this officer between the eyes; which I could have done by myself... But... that is not our purpose even though I must admit I would have been extremely satisfied if I had actually acted upon my first or second impulse.
The billions and billions of inhabited worlds that are non USSB with their various social systems and life forms, create a mosaic of much pain, suffering, and death for way to many. It is terrible in my mind, to actually know how ruthless Sentient life forms can be with their own kind and certainly the other life forms they live with on their planets or the planets they take in conquest.
At least at USSB we cerebrate life and bring new life into our USSB universes expecting them to have as good if not better a life than we are living presently. Sorry, I don't mean to get philosophical about such things.. It is just watching planets and their societies evolve..... they always seem to fall into the same almost 'cast in stone' patterns.
Hunter gatherers protecting their hunting grounds. Sounds rather simple but in actuality if you do not eat, you and your kin/tribe will perish. Limited resources always cause conflict and sometimes war and much death as if it were some kind of universal law.
Farmers and taxes paid for laws and protection against marauders, city states, nations, and finally, either they destroy themselves or another form of strong arm tactics is employed by whom ever can claw or think their way into the top leadership role..Usually after wiping out over half a worlds population. Race, color, and religious wars.... never ending cycles no matter where you go in the multiverse. Even after all the competing races are exterminated except for the dominate winner there are always reasons for the killing to continue among most Sentients who bow down before some strong arm government..
The Leaders live the great life while everyone else contributes to these top/elite of the social ladder's well being and welfare. That seems to work until the leaders or their governments get greedy and corrupt. Then the down trodden most always wake up one day and decide they have had enough with being abused and stepped upon.. Then it gets really interesting as the whole process starts all over again !
Even in my limited time and studies at USSB I have found it is a very low percentage of Sentients who ever make it off their home world to colonize, much less survive to discover Bulk travel. The reason you see so many when out and about the multiverse is because there are just so many darn Sentients scattered about.
One could say, “There are thousands and thousands of gravel stones sorted before one diamond is found.” The diamond in this case are the Sentients who do the proverbial hatch as a species and leave their home world.
Back at the Station:
Fhaa watched as 4 humanoid males entered the bar; she alerted Sky of their presence. Sky had been mostly focusing on a pretty female humanoid that had entered a couple of moments before. The four men were looking for someone they wanted to find, beat, and finally after much pain, kill.
Fhaa with very little effort on her part was able to understand these guys were enforces for one of the local smuggling lords who felt the individual they were looking for had interfered with a major drug and weapons deal. Sky wanted to stay and see what would happen while Fhaa, always the practical one, wanted to get out of the bar as soon as possible. These guys were armed with blasters hidden under the coats and they had no respect for life unless it was their own.
Sky knew better than to put up much resistance when Fhaa said, “Let's go” plus once outside he was aware that any disagreement could be sorted out between them with a 50/50 chance he could win. Besides, the real reason he had wanted to stay was to work his way around the bar to the pretty girl whom he already had the hots for; USSB research and some social engineering with her is how his mind justified his carnal thoughts.
The twins had no sooner exited from the main entry way door when the sound of blaster shots rang out from the bar.
Both Sky and Fhaa continued walking down the narrow main corridor to get away from the scene while mentally contacting Tiki to come and pick them up.
They had made their way down the corridor a short distance when Sentients started running out of the bar trying to get away from the death that was now loudly being dished out with blaster fire. Evidently the one the blaster guys had been looking for had several armed friends in the bar with him.
Sky wanted to go back and see if the girl had survived and told Fhaa as much as he fingered his dagger. Fhaa just rolled her eyes at him as she pulled him next to a bulk head wall. As they both watched all the Sentients running from the bar there was Sky's newest female attraction running for her life among the panicked crowd. She ran directly towards them as the violence spilled out the bar's door way. There were blaster shots being fired back into the bar by two of the four people who had entered only moments before. As Sky's latest flame frantically approached; both the twins could read the terror in her mind and watch a jumbled mind's replay of what she had witnessed. She ran by them at the speed of full blown flight as her feet barely made momentary contact with the floor plating !
Sky started to make a mental suggestion for her to duck next to the wall with them but stopped just before he sent the suggestion .
Just about three minutes station time after Fhaa called for a pickup, Tiki, Mom, and Dad were just outside the station and ready for the twins extraction. Simple cloaking and a tractor beam was all it took to get them both safely back on board Tiki. I suppose you could call it the USSB's version of, “beam me up Scotty”.
I had just about had it with the type of societies we were running into so I asked Tiki if she could find us either a really primitive planet/society or one that is very advanced preferable some that could communicate properly without all the sound wave verbal jaw boning.
“ Let me see what I can find for you”, was Tiki's reply.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Happiness is USSB, Layla, Tiki, and me. The beginning - by 727Sky - 07-06-2016, 01:47 PM