Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Religion Where AI is Worshiped as God is being Created
My ass.

What kind of a "god" is one that you can program? Isn't the one pulling the strings to make the puppet dance really the "god" in that equation, rather than the dancing puppet?

I mean, I can sort of see the appeal to it, to weak minded folk who prefer a god they can control rather that one that insists they do crap they don't want to do, but seriously?

Kinda gives new life to the ancient Greek phrase "Deus ex machina" = "god from the machine".

Folks are a trip, and they get trippier every second.

S'pose I sneak up and pull the plug out of the wall on yer "god" - where does that leave us? One of us has an electric cord in his hands to choke the livin' shit out of the other one, and the other one just has a dumb look on his face wondering where his god went! Ah hell, their "god", being electronic, is probably reading this right now across the internet, and contemplating ordering one of it's minions to duct tape that cord into the wall!

In my old age, I'm starting to come around to the notion that Stupid has no bottom.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Religion Where AI is Worshiped as God is being Created - by Ninurta - 10-15-2017, 03:34 AM