Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
8.1 Earthquake Rocks Southern Mexico
I watched a live feed on youtube last night about a quake coming to Mexico, and here it is. I tell you, this guy I've been watching on youtube (or listening to - he doesn't appear on screen but does his show as a voice over)... dutchsinse... has been VERY enlightening about how earthquakes work. He even tied in how solar flares trigger seismic activity, and how energy blocks in an area will help predict where and when the next one will come. 

He's been right SOOO many times in the last few days, and I think last night - maybe the night before - he was saying he was off by half a point in magnitude in another spot, but otherwise he hit it on the mark. He also said in 24-48 hours Mexico would see a big quake, and again he was right.

He has google earth up on the screen showing quakes as his teaching tool, and then he explains how everything goes together. The thing is, sometimes it's like listening to Jim Carrey as a teacher! He is so insightful and so into what he does, I absolutely love listening to his show. He comes on fairly regularly at 10 central time (11 eastern) and even the people in the chat box are really intelligent. It's such a refreshing place to hang around... much like RN! 

He's so much onto something that he gets shut down from time to time, and then when he can get back online - BOOM there are the earthquakes he said would hit. He uses a triangulating system to predict quakes, and he's really accurate. He also shows how the United States Geological Survey (USGS) will remove or hide evidence of earthquakes, but the European geological folks will show them.

Check it out for yourself - look for his live feed on global activity 48 hours. And yes, he does have a place to click to help fund him and his research, but I won't hold that against him. This guy is SMART, and I love learning from him. He was giving a sort of tutorial on using google earth's settings to adjust how much data you see - like the last 12 hours, 24 hours, etc. or all that they still have overlayed on the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 8.1 Earthquake Rocks Southern Mexico - by Wallfire - 09-08-2017, 04:28 PM
RE: 8.1 Earthquake Rocks Southern Mexico - by Wallfire - 09-08-2017, 04:59 PM
RE: 8.1 Earthquake Rocks Southern Mexico - by Spirit Scribe - 09-08-2017, 11:22 PM