Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
In 2005, the majority of young people lived independently in their own household
Yes, as the paycheck stayed basically the same, and inflation kept rising and rising, it became harder and harder to save a penny to move out. Unless you had rich parents to help you get "set up", you were (and are) forced to stay put at Mommy's house.
And, as you said, the immigrants working for low wages kept them low for everyone else.

I just got out of school and on my own in the nick of time.  I was working and had my own apartment three weeks before I turned 18.  I made it just fine on my own as a single adult back then.
Those days are gone for the youth of today, unless you go to school for 20 years to be a brain surgeon, or astronaut, or some high-paying job like that.
Then they spend another 40 years paying back the student loan that got them that high-paying job. Then they retire with no savings, and then they die.

It's a beautiful world we're enslaved in, isn't it?   tinysure

Messages In This Thread
RE: In 2005, the majority of young people lived independently in their own household - by Mystic Wanderer - 04-20-2017, 03:22 PM