Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
U.S. Marshals Are Now Arresting People For Unpaid Student Loans
Well, this college "kid" is still finishing an Associates for simple transfer into the 4 year...to start the real degrees that will result ion employment (hopefully).

Due, in part, to extended difficulties in Math ...time to get to this point: 4 Years (and this time frame *IS NOT* as unusual as the recruiters to college would swear it is)

Debt owed at this point: Just over $30,000 ..... and I'm at one of the lower priced community colleges in one of the lowest tuition states in the US. 

After I graduate this level, the prices climb dramatically and so will the debt. Given what I have now? I'm expecting $60,000 to $75,000 in debt by the time I have my Bachelor's....and if fate has ANY mercy on decent people...I'll be able to find work on that degree to finish to Master's with minimal issues. I dunno.... 

If I fail to get employment or create business sufficient to pay what is currently $400/Month in student loan payment ..and will likely be $800-$1,000 a month by the end? I'll have absolutely no logical choice in life but to default, accept a lifetime of consequences from the Government in any number of ways...and consider College as the single most destructive and terminal mistake I ever made in life. 

If I succeed in getting employment fit to a Master's level in the Midwest? I'll be paying them the rest of my life, and I have no question, the balance will be obtained from my estate after my death. I'll still owe, more than likely, regardless of how long I manage to live (within reason). 

Welcome to Amerika and the new way of slavery. Obama made himself the 'massa' when he insured almost 100% of the student loan industry was nationalized during the opening days of his administration. It gave overwhelming control over U.S. schools and how they go about...almost everything. It also gave a near total control over those who take on that debt, and then don't have a beautiful success story of post graduate career building to get out from under it.

BTW... I'm not pursuing a medical degree. I'm not chasing a PhD in Astronomy or some other hard science. I'll realistically be well north of $50,000 in debt before I get my Bachelor's in.....Journalism. If I'm a penny under $75,000 total accumulated by the time I clear school with my Master's in....English ....I'll be quite surprised and happy as hell. 

...and they wonder why our system is going to hell with a turbo boost.

Messages In This Thread
RE: U.S. Marshals Are Now Arresting People For Unpaid Student Loans - by Wrabbit2000 - 05-24-2016, 02:52 AM