Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A discovery about rating posts
(10-23-2022, 01:54 PM)hounddoghowlie Wrote: i got to thinking about what you wrote, then it dawned on me that when all this about rating and login boxes first statrted Snarl had said something about resizing the screen, Fot those using firefox, and maybe others Zoom in / out. if you zoom out like to real tiny mine is down to 50% you can see the box.

for us older folks that may have failing reading eyesight it's gonna be tuff to read. just to test i rated your post.

ETA: although i can see the box for log in, it still makes me do it at least twice

Thanks for the rating!

I've also noticed that clicking the "get more" link on the smiles does the same thing. Zoom a million miles out and you can kind of see the extra ones down in the bottom left corner.

Hopefully soon I will be able to help figure out some of these issues? I've tried to set up my testing site to be as much like RN3 as I can but there's still a long way to go. I'm using most of the same plugins and the Dark 1.8 theme but the My Alerts thing breaks things so I've left that out for now. I even have a Shoutbox sort of working. Editing the postbit so it shows avatars like here is what I'm going to dig into next but that's going to be hard and take a lot of trial and error.

My stuff is all going to go away once RN3 gets sorted. I know the rating thing has to do with something buried in one of the templates somewhere and I wonder if the logging in issue is also connected?

Folks are welcome to sign up and check it out if you're interested. Feel free to post nonsense https://dooberville.com/Test/

<ETA?
it's 7:45 in the morning and I've been messing with this all night. Time for some shut eye!
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Messages In This Thread
A discovery about rating posts - by Freija - 10-23-2022, 01:12 PM
RE: A discovery about rating posts - by Freija - 10-23-2022, 02:42 PM
RE: A discovery about rating posts - by Snarl - 10-23-2022, 04:52 PM
RE: A discovery about rating posts - by Ninurta - 10-23-2022, 10:29 PM