Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I Think I Have Found My Spirit Animal
(09-05-2022, 11:18 AM)Sol Wrote: Don't know about spirit animals either but I do know this: I am a dog magnet. I work on the road and whenever there's a dog somewhere, be sure it'll come to me. I've seen some pretty nasty dogs come up to me, wanting to play or wanting a hug and their owners going "WTF..that's supposed to be a guard dog!" or "He/She NEVER does that with anyone!"

At first, years ago, I just thought that it was my love of the dogs that did this. With hindsight and as I age, I realize that it's more than that. I've never, ever seen anyone having dogs come to them like they do with me. Any race, any type, big and small, male or female, gentle or killer ones.

So I'd say it's probably a safe bet that my animal spirit is a dog.

I can identify with that. Dogs have always been drawn to me. When I was a teenager, folks would come and just "drop off" unwanted dogs in the wilderness that was my neighborhood expecting them to revert to the wild and fend for themselves. All of the dogs came to me, so I generally kept a kennel's worth of dogs there.

Once I was hired to defend a factory where a disgruntled employee got himself fired, and promised to come back and shoot the place up, and everyone in it... so they hired me to shoot him right back. On my first evening there, some of the employees were complaining of a big scary dog hanging out around the entrance, so I went to check it out. The "dog" looked a lot more like a Timber Wolf, complete with the wolf teeth and the "sideburn" ruffs of fur along his jowls, and the heavy, bushy tail found on wolves but not German Shepherd dogs. He had no collar on, so I could not identify any owner to call to come get him, but as soon as I emerged through the door, the dog made a beeline for me, and I kid you not, it sat down right at my feet like it expected me to do something, so I reached over and scratched his ears. From then on, for the entire duration of my work there, that dog waited outside for me, and accompanied me on my perimeter sweeps and whenever I walked an employee to their car in the parking lot. The employees just assumed that I'd brought "my" guard dog, and felt more secure that he was outside at work when I was inside... except it wasn't my dog. I'd never seen it before in my life, nor had they. When my work there was done and I left, so did the dog - I know not where he went - and the employees never saw it again.

My third wife had a big Standard Poodle that was a rescue. The dog had been raised in a crack house, and every bone in her body had been broken at least once by the time she was 8 months old. When my ex rescued her, she hated men. ALL men, didn't matter who it was, she'd try to eat them up. The first time I ever visited her house, she warned me about the dog, but instead of trying to eat me, Duchess just came right up to me and sat down at my feet, like she was expecting something, just like the wolf-dog had, so I scratched her ears real good for her, too. They said that dog mourned for me like I was dead when I left and never came back.

So, Yeah, I can identify with your situation, bu have never figured out why it is.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Think I Have Found My Spirit Animal - by Ninurta - 09-05-2022, 09:15 PM