Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to Calculate your ESG Score
(07-10-2022, 12:12 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: ESG huh?

Sounds like a woke-o-meter to me. 

Like a virtue-signaling fantasy football.

Dragons and Dungeons character strength rating. I'm a level 28 ESG Wizard. 

Back in the day they had groups or societies that did charitable deeds for the community. They did them mostly anonymously. Bragging about your good deeds was seen as sinful or prideful. Your reward was supposed to be the betterment of your fellow human. That's it. You have been blessed with good fortune now it's time to spread that around a little bit. Why? That's what the good book says to do. It's a proven winner for the community. 

Now it seems, good deeds are not the purpose at all. It's all about the communities perception of you. How amazing you are regardless if anyone gets helped or not. 

Now that self-absorption is being taken advantage of. It's pseudo-quantification is evidence of it's falsehood because how does one actually meter good will? You can't, but here we are. It's like the power of a good selfie on steroids. Get with the program and you will be rewarded. Never mind how empty it really is. You have proven weak when it comes to external manipulation and we will exploit that. The ESG garbage is just window dressing.    

*Wow... I sound depressing  tinybiggrin

I think some may not be fully understanding what ESG is.

First of all, ESG isn't really an individual thing, it's a corporate and governmental thing.  It's not a score of a person, but rather a score of a group of people, or a corporation, and even a government.  Why organizations have signed up with this I have no idea, but they have.  Marketing, I'm sure.  In any case, a 'person' doesn't have an ESG score.  However, a person can have a defacto ESG score by virtue of the group(s) they affiliate with.  It's kind of like 'guilt by association'.

In 1st world countries, ESG is a 'thing' because governments are restricting government contracts based on ESG scores.  Here in the US there is another score in play also, and it is called "EDI" (Equity, Diversity and Inclusion).  EDI is a subset of ESG.  At the local and municipal levels, most will hear about EDI programs, and at the national and international level people will hear about ESG programs and initiatives.

Here's an example:  About a year ago, our so-called 'president' signed up for a new initiative called the "Justice 40" initiative.  What this initiative says is that 40% of all federal infrastructure funding dollars are being made available to minority contractors (and organizations).  The way the initiatives are worded are basically a threat, and when read carefully they basically force federal contracts to "flip" or swap the traditional Prime vs. Subcontractor roles.  In other words, have the big prime contractors be subcontractors, and their historically minority (required by law) subcontractors now be prime.  Yours truly is right in the middle of one of these arrangements as he writes this.  The whole initiative is laughable because it changes nothing, BUT it gives the "appearance" of making all sorts of changes.  Oh, and then a whole bunch of people get to talk a bunch of smack about how they're in charge when they're really in charge of nothing.

It's all a F'ing JOKE!

Messages In This Thread
How to Calculate your ESG Score - by 727Sky - 07-09-2022, 10:00 AM
RE: How to Calculate your ESG Score - by Ninurta - 07-09-2022, 07:32 PM
RE: How to Calculate your ESG Score - by Ninurta - 07-10-2022, 08:45 PM
RE: How to Calculate your ESG Score - by Ninurta - 07-10-2022, 08:55 PM
RE: How to Calculate your ESG Score - by ABNARTY - 07-10-2022, 12:12 PM
RE: How to Calculate your ESG Score - by Ninurta - 07-10-2022, 08:59 PM
RE: How to Calculate your ESG Score - by FlyingClayDisk - 07-12-2022, 08:00 PM
RE: How to Calculate your ESG Score - by Snarl - 07-13-2022, 12:02 PM
RE: How to Calculate your ESG Score - by ABNARTY - 07-13-2022, 04:25 PM