Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Massive Rogers outage impacting cellphones, internet and debit payments across Canada
I've warned about this for years. I suspect cyber warfare, if not, it's no better if it was caused by human error.

Once again, keep cash on hand and having a landline, not sure, but a prepper redundancy that may not get hit by cyber attack would be worth while. I figure land lines are just as vulnerable because of network interconnections and computer controls of relays and such, so good luck when you need to call the police or emergency services.

Quote:Massive Rogers outage impacting cellphones, internet and debit payments across Canada - Banking and other services impacted

Pete Evans · CBC News · Posted: Jul 08, 2022 7:19 AM ET | Last Updated: 11 minutes ago

Telecommunications giant Rogers is experiencing a massive outage on Friday morning that is impacting wireless, cable and internet customers across the country.

The outage began some time in the early hours of Friday morning, with a wide variety of services impacted . . .

Even services not directly controlled by Rogers, such as emergency services, travel and financial networks, are impacted.

Debit payment services are interrupted. "A nationwide telecommunications outage with a network provider … is impacting the availability of some Interac services," a spokesperson for Interac confirmed to CBC News.

"Debit is currently unavailable online and at checkout. Interac e-Transfer is also widely unavailable, impacting the ability to send and receive payments."

. . . The Toronto Police Service tweeted that Rogers customers in that city were having trouble connecting to 911, but stressed that the 911 service itself was working properly, as long as you aren't calling from a Rogers-affiliated device.

LINK

Messages In This Thread
Massive Rogers outage impacting cellphones, internet and debit payments across Canada - by Michigan Swamp Buck - 07-08-2022, 06:38 PM