Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Operation MF
Some pretty interesting stuff! Thanks for posting this. I remember conversations I've had with my hubby regarding maybe a soft edge of this. He graduated from high school in 1970, so his high school years were filled with counterculture stuff. Being fond of writing, my hubby actually wrote an underground newspaper for his high school. I was amazed with some of his stories about stuff he wrote about. Conspiracies tied to all kinds of things going on at the time, with a background of the war in Vietnam. My hubby really enjoyed the counterculture stuff. Apparently, he got into some hot water with his school when they got word that he was doing this. He just took things a little more underground after that. I laugh about this as the irony of his daddy pretty much dragging him to the Navy recruiting office to enlist at the age of 17 so that "he wouldn't wind up in goddamn Vietnam" as his daddy said. So here was a little counterculture rebel, all spit and polish a few months later after coming home after boot camp. Too funny.

But I digress. With our 12 year age difference, my hubby grew up in a whole different time than I did. Anyway, the main takeaway from what you posted is that misinformation and trolling were going on long before anyone even had the internet in the gleam of their eye. Doesn't surprise me that this started in the counterculture 60's with free love and all that.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]

Messages In This Thread
Operation MF - by EndtheMadnessNow - 06-25-2022, 06:10 PM
RE: Operation MF - by ChiefD - 06-25-2022, 10:00 PM
RE: Operation MF - by Brotherman - 06-25-2022, 10:32 PM