Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Federal Reserve Wants To Lower Your Paycheck
(06-24-2022, 09:51 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I ask this same question in the opposite direction. Why would anyone get up and go to work for a company that is paying them less money for the work they do? Why would anyone work more for less, when all their expenses is increasing across the board. They are pricing people out of their homes, making food and gas hard to obtain, and I guess it just is not disintegrating fast enough. So down with the hammer? Cut your wages. Yep, that is the ticket.

If you are going to have to accept the fact that you will have to do without, even if you are working hard, at some point it makes very little sense to continue to work for less, only to get less.

EXACTLY!

That is why labor unions have never made any sense to me. They say " there is more power in collectively bargaining", and I can't see that. I believe there is far more power, personally, in saying "pay me what I'm worth, or shove this job up your ass" and walking away to find a job more in keeping with your own abilities and needs.

Both I and Grace have used that approach, and in every single case but one, it was less than 24 hours before the boss was on the phone or at the door saying "ok, let's talk".

I don't need to pay dues to no stinkin' union to exercise my power... especially when those dues all go to support politicians that I would not support on my own.

And now, with this "wage reduction"  - good luck with that. I don't work for wages, and you can't reduce what ain't there to be reduced.

So they can kiss my ass, too.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Federal Reserve Wants To Lower Your Paycheck - by Ninurta - 06-25-2022, 12:06 AM