Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When the sun does the big one
(06-23-2022, 01:09 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: We all know it is coming. I really believe that they have indeed prepared, hardened, and secured areas for themselves, but have no plans to assist us peasants.

It's possible. One can defeat EMP by using vacuum tubes instead of transistors, like in the old style TVs, but in order to get the electricity to run them, they'd have to have a local generator, suitably hardened and protected from the EMP in Faraday cages. That means they will have to be buttoned up in self-contained compounds. What kind of life is that for a former jet-setter? I expect most of them will suicide within the first year of isolation. Not COVID-like isolation, but true isolation - nothing in, nothing out, electronically or otherwise. I don't think most of them can psychologically manage that situation.

Quote:I think one of the worse crimes they have done to humanity, is their years of infantaciding the world. Wiping out centuries of learned knowledge of basic survival, that was passed down through generations.

Making us dependant on a weak and faulty system that preys on our ignorance, promoting greed, selfishness, and teaching us to value only material things that they can take away from us.

They failed there, too. Sure, they will have eliminated most of the first world population that can no longer get along without technology, but there are rural and agrarian societies all around the planet in remote places that still know enough to do just fine. Many of them will not notice the lack of electricity at all. You can't miss what you've never had to begin with. My Dear Old Dad taught me everything I needed to know to get by with next to nothing, 18th century pre-technology wilderness living, so the only hurdle is getting to the end of that first winter. I don't believe I am alone in retaining that knowledge, but urban areas will be death traps that empty into ghost towns in short order, because even if anyone still lives there that retain the knowledge, the resources are not available in an urban environment to put that knowledge to use. Most have no idea what it takes to feed a person for a year, much less how many resources are required to get that.

Quote:The first 8 years of my life I lived in military housing. Then my father built us a house in the woods. No running water, no electricity. It took a years before those luxuries were added, yet those years contain some of my fondest memories. 

Even after we did get running water, we still had to carry water from the spring everyday, to supply fresh water to the elderly in our community.

We hunted, fished, and picked the majority of our food. We shared as a community, and none of it seemed like work, at the time.

It was always a festival feel in the air when we had harvest time, hog killing time, and canning time.

Times were hard, but we lived, laughed, and loved. It was not all bad.

We may have to relive those times. Maybe it will be their great reset.

Same here. No running water, hit or miss electricity, hunting, gathering, and farming as a way of living. We had the "little shack out back" for a bathroom, and I'll never forget having to go out there in sub-zero weather wondering if my behind would freeze to the seat this time or not. We had a local spring in the winter, with a spigot outside the house at the corner of the house, but it would go dry in the summer, so we carried water from a spring about a half mile away. Heated water for baths on a wood stove, and the bathtub was an oblong tin affair that hung on the side of the house when not in use. A bucket of water with a tin dipper on a stand in the kitchen for drinking, or filling the wash pan that sat next to it to wash up for supper. I can recall doing my homework by the light of an oil lamp.

I dunno, maybe that WAS "hard times", but we never knew it, because we didn't know anything else other than that.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
When the sun does the big one - by 727Sky - 06-23-2022, 05:57 AM
RE: When the sun does the big one - by Ninurta - 06-23-2022, 06:25 AM
RE: When the sun does the big one - by Bally002 - 06-23-2022, 09:03 AM
RE: When the sun does the big one - by guohua - 06-23-2022, 04:38 PM
RE: When the sun does the big one - by Ninurta - 06-23-2022, 05:22 PM
RE: When the sun does the big one - by Ninurta - 06-23-2022, 04:59 PM
RE: When the sun does the big one - by ABNARTY - 06-23-2022, 05:36 PM
RE: When the sun does the big one - by ChiefD - 06-23-2022, 10:02 PM