Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Veterans Administration sent me a letter
The VA sent me a letter recently asking me to volunteer my blood so they could test my DNA. It appears they sent this letter to pretty much every veteran. The letter went on and on as far as how it would be so wonderful to have DNA from all these service members. The letter was quite vague as to what they would do with this information. Did they offer anything in return? Nope, big fat 0 there. The letter also stated that there was no guarantee that maybe my blood might wind up somewhere else, in the hands of who knows who. 

I did a head palm after reading the letter. I could feel my blood pressure going up, so I decided to have a large glass of wine to ponder this. I haven’t had very good luck at all with the VA, and swore I would never give them anything at all. I don’t trust them, and I think they just suck. I won’t give a DNA sample to any of those ancestry sites, so why would I give a DNA sample to the fucking VA? 

I’ve been part of a covid study called the covid cohort. I filled out several surveys since the middle of 2020, gave them blood samples they tested for covid antibodies and that. I received cash, gift cards, etc. They even were able to test my blood recently and let me know that the vaccines I had produced antibodies, and they did another test on the blood that indicated I had no covid antibodies, meaning it appears I haven’t had covid yet, but the vaccines I had are doing what they need to do. I’m happy to be part of this study.

So anyway, the VA letter gave me an option to tell them I did not want to give them a DNA sample. I mailed it out a couple of weeks ago. Fuck the VA. I wouldn’t piss on them if they were on fire. 

I’m sorry if my post offends anyone using the VA’s services. The VA treated both my husband and me like shit. I’m loathe to give them another chance.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]

Messages In This Thread
The Veterans Administration sent me a letter - by ChiefD - 05-04-2022, 05:44 AM