Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Any suggestions and help appreciated, buying pistol
(04-23-2022, 12:57 AM)OmegaLogos Wrote: Its a no brainer ... I suggest the S&W model 640 .357 Magnum/38 P+ with the concealed hammer [for snag free usage when C&C'ing]

https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/model-640

[Image: 163690-sw-OnWhite-Right.png?itok=bYfoBjjk]

This

I used to consider it my back-up gun.  However, it's the first one into the pocket, so it's reclassified as the EDC gun.  Been considering M&P 340 as a replacement (to cut down on weight ...and chafing).  The 640 made for a great gift back in the days when I drew a paycheck.

@"senona" I've carried daily for 41 years now.  Never plugged anyone with the 640.  Last week I drew and shoved it into the belly of a panhandler who managed to sneak up on me.  So ... I can't say I never pulled it on anyone anymore.  Had I been carrying my Glock I'm pretty sure the guy would be doing the room temperature challenge.  That extra moment fishing it out of my pocket saved his life and spared me some time shplaining things to the cops.  Good thing for me that his ambush technique wasn't a deadly assault.  The gun kept it from becoming one.

It's the gun you will always carry with you that you want to own first.  When I was a young man, I thought a five-shot revolver wouldn't be enough.  Older and wiser ... I know it is.

One of the best features of a hammerless revolver is the ability to fire it repeatedly from concealment.  You only get one shot trying that with a semi-auto no matter what the magazine capacity is.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any suggestions and help appreciated, buying pistol - by Snarl - 04-24-2022, 02:35 PM