Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Any suggestions and help appreciated, buying pistol
(04-23-2022, 01:10 AM)Jinmi Wrote:
(04-23-2022, 12:03 AM)senona Wrote: Hello my Rogues, I have decided to buy myself my own pistol for my birthday that is coming up.

I have Jim's Browning 9mm and it is great for home defense but I am just not comfortable using it for C&C

I just left Sportsman Warehouse, an outdoor store that sells weapons here in town
(they have online sales going on now  minusculerolleyes)

I really liked one of the H&K, bad azz pistol that fit very good in my hand ($749)

Another one I was shown was the Smith & Wesson EZ slide -- another nice one that felt good
Think that one was $429 (???)

One thing that I didn't care for with a couple of Rugers, was the short butt. 
It felt like wearing sandals that were a size too small and my heel hanging off. LOL

So, aside from one that has good magazine capacity and not overly large for conceal & carry, is there one brand over another that stands out to you?

Or a brand that is more dependable than another

Thanks in advance ------      minusculethumbsup

I'm off to google and research the different ones

The sig 365 (im a big fan if Sig though)
Another more economical brand thats made some great pistols lately is Taurus.  The G3 and G4 are great budget weapons.  Their CC, the Gx4, is of the same lineage and worth checking out. 

If finding one is proving difficult, seek Walthers offering.  Im not a fan but they do make quality firearms who dont like much of the more popular models/brands.

Good luck.

Thank you kindly!!

I like one that has some weight to it and since my hands are big, one that has a good grip without it feeling short.

Also, one thing that I do not like about my husbands Browning, is it is hard to rack the slide.
So when I was playing with the various firearms today, that was one thing that I was paying attention to. 
Other than just being stiff from being brand new, they all seemed a lot easier to slide.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any suggestions and help appreciated, buying pistol - by senona - 04-23-2022, 01:22 AM