Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Florida Man- the next generation
(04-10-2022, 10:42 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I totally agree. We adults have to accept and go along with the constructs that make up the foundation of our society. 

We are responsible for what we allow to control our lives. We are responsible for how we raise our children. We are responsible for our children.

This crazy idea, that way too many people have, that the government is there to take care of you, is part of why we are where we are today.

You can't have it both ways. You can't be independent and demand your rights, then turn around and demand the government take care of your every need.

Like my Mother used to say, "He who pays, says". Which simply meant, the person who is paying, gets to call the shots.

Exactly. The one that foots the bills is the one that calls the shots. That's what ended two of my marriages - I was footing the bills, and they thought they got to call the shots... so I went away and took my bill payin' money with me. I'd expect the same of the government if they paid the bills.

In a similar vein, I've never understood folks who think someone should have all responsibility but at the same time no decision making discretion - how can anyone be responsible for decisions they were never allowed to make? But, sure enough, there are folks out there who expect exactly that from others.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Florida Man- the next generation - by Ninurta - 04-10-2022, 04:00 AM
RE: Florida Man- the next generation - by Ninurta - 04-10-2022, 04:39 PM