Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Have You Seen This
(04-09-2022, 03:41 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(04-09-2022, 04:18 AM)DontTreadOnMe Wrote: So, do they not respect their parents because the schools are brainwashing them?
The fabric of the American family is that frayed that parents are disrespected?
Do the parents share some of the blame, for trying to be buddies instead of parents, or worse:  they just don't really give a damn?

This is bad.

I think there is a lot of blame to go around, but personally, I blame the parents, because it is their job to care for, protect, teach, and grow their child into a productive adult citizen, that can survive and hopefully improve the society they live in.

Too many parents are victims of a society that is based on fantasy, wants, feelings, and narcissism. Ask yourself, how many children graduated last year that will be to obtain jobs that will allow them to leave home and start on their journey towards adulthood. How many will be able to earn enough money to afford an apartment, utilities, transportation, food, and clothing, own their own? How many can afford to purchase a home of their own? How many of those young people even want to live independently? The majority I deal with want to be adults at the expense of their parents, and too many parents allow them to do this. They want to be treated like adults, while they live off their parents, and they want to establish the rules that they expect their parents to adhere to. It is truly an upside down world.

Everyone I know has grown children with college degrees still living at home, and most of them have no desire to leave or to get their own home. I have one neighbor that has a grandson that speaks of owning his own home, the only problem with that is that he is waiting for his grandparents to die, then he plans to claim their home. Again, living in a fantasy, because he has a brother and a sister, making the same plans. He thinks because he is the oldest, it automatically belongs to him, forgetting that he has two Uncles that have priority over him.

Many young people are not looking forward to a nine to five job. I spoke with two young ladies yesterday. When asked what their plans were for the future, one said she wanted to be an entrepreneur, but she could not tell me what that meant, or how she could even start the process to entrepreneurship. The other told me that she is planning to have her own YouTube channel. When I asked her how she was going to do that, she told me that it is "easy"!When I asked her if it was so easy, why had she not started on this journey, she said she was working on it.

These two young ladies are just the most recent. I get almost the same response from most teens and you adults. Most are between the ages of 14 and 24. Our society is not prepping young people to advance into independent, productive, citizens. They want them to be easily manipulated and controlled consumers, riding on their parents blood sweat and tears.

Many parents are working themselves into an early grave that is going to leave their children as victims of the wolves behind every corner. Our society is not geared towards the growth of our children. Parents are mislead, confused, and are afraid to be parents. Being a parent comes with the bitter and the sweet. Discipline is mandatory, it is not an option, for both the parent and the child.

It has never been easy being a parent. I fully admit that it is becoming harder to stay the course. But....your children are "your" responsibility. Even if someone tells you different, even if that someone is the government.

@"NightskyeB4Dawn"   minusculeclap
I agree with you and @"FlyingClayDisk"
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]

Messages In This Thread
Have You Seen This - by hounddoghowlie - 04-09-2022, 02:26 AM
RE: Have You Seen This - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 04-09-2022, 03:33 AM
RE: Have You Seen This - by DontTreadOnMe - 04-09-2022, 04:18 AM
RE: Have You Seen This - by FlyingClayDisk - 04-09-2022, 08:01 AM
RE: Have You Seen This - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 04-09-2022, 03:41 PM
RE: Have You Seen This - by guohua - 04-09-2022, 04:32 PM
RE: Have You Seen This - by hounddoghowlie - 04-09-2022, 05:13 AM