Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
First black women Supreme Court Justice ?
Here's my take on the matter at hand.

I take exactly zero issue with the fact that Ketanji-Brown is African-American/Black, or that she is female.  No issue at all.  If anything, I celebrate these facts.

I may be assailed for this, but I actually don't take any issue with her adversarial rulings on Trump related matters either.  I just hope she remembers her own words in some of those rulings, specifically regarding her ruling ordering Donald McGahn to comply with a House subpoena to appear and address the Russia investigation, a ruling wherein she pontificated..."Presidents are not Kings."

Remember those words, Honorable Justice Ketanji-Brown.  I know I will!  And, so should the rest of America!!!!

Perhaps I am being far too optimistic, but SCOTUS Justices are to rule on the facts presented to them, and while political bias may be present in opinions on some cases, pure activist ruling from the Bench generally stops at the District Court level, and certainly by the Circuit Court level with very few exceptions (9th Circuit being one of them). 

On the one hand, Justice Ketanji-Brown can be a political hack for the left and define her legacy in US history as such.  OR, on the other hand, Justice Ketanji-Brown can take stock of the public facing insult that she was selected solely on the basis of her skin color and gender, and prove them all wrong!

All nominees before her, Sotomayer in particular, could hide behind their 'homogenous' backgrounds to pass off a 'business as usual' posture.  Ketanji-Brown, not so much.

Time will be the ultimate decider.

Messages In This Thread
RE: First black women Supreme Court Justice ? - by FlyingClayDisk - 04-09-2022, 07:13 AM