Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anyone do the Ancestry Thing?
(04-06-2022, 11:38 PM)rickymouse Wrote: It must be about eight years ago that the wife and I sent in our DNA to ancestry.  Then I got the Gene apps and spent ten hours a day, seven days a week for at a minimum of three months researching what that the snps and gensets really meant.  Most of the genetic differences are environmental differences, people's gene expression and DNA was altered by environmental factors with a high tie to diet and enzyme creation. 

So, I got my kids, my grandkids, and even their spouses DNA done, then got gene apps through prometheuse and livewello on almost all of them to see if I could decipher if dietary changes could help.  Yes they could, but both daughters and my granddaughter would not even try to use what I said...even though this wound up being relative to the health conditions they got after I mentioned it.  Most times the dietary changes or cooking practices are not that much of a change, and most times it is not more expensive to do.  I was in Pre-med when I was in college and have always had an interest in it even though I discovered that being a doctor was more about gaining wealth and prestige for most in the field before I quit it.  With my interest, all my relatives would tell me what worked and what did not work with their issues...all hereditary it turns out to be.  The Tachychardia, low blood volume, and hypoglycemia on my fathers male side...my uncles included in this is in relation to a past ancestor having genes related to the Inuit people...only one point seven percent...and passed on to the male line for centuries with little to no change.  My grandfather had hardly any symptoms...he ate wild game and loved fish, so did my uncles, father, and me and my brother.  But my grandfather ate mostly fish and wild game and used lots of salt.  Without knowing anything about his genetics he ate the right things.  I lack an anti-diuretic hormone so I need lots of real salt...peeing or sweating out lots of the salts is normal for me.  Salt cod fish is chuck full of the diverse salts I need.  I thought there was something wrong with my kidneys because I pee a lot, drink in two cups of coffee and pee our four.  On top of that I should get my energy from healthier fats, I lack adequate enzyme creation for starches and sucrose, I need glutamine from meats instead of glucose.  I cannot break apart some of those bonds to break apart carbs of most types in the western diet.

I am glad I had only girls, they did not inherit that.  My nephew is the only younger of my whole family that is a boy...my fathers lineage ends with him.

So how much did this cost total, lets see, twelve  of us at about a hundred twenty bucks apiece, so that is about a thousand four hundred some bucks...but well worth the cost.  That includes the lifetime gene apps.  It has helped with the grandkids and kids health, but because everyone else eats the western diet, they wanted to be like everyone else so started eating highly processed foods with chemistries I cannot trace again.  So a year of less sickness and more energy then they went right back to eating wrong again because they want to take a pill to treat the symptoms instead of fixing the problem before the symptoms appear...just like so many other people in America do. 

It is harder to figure out the grandkids diet because my oldest daughter married a guy who immigrated from Guatamala with a Spanish father.  Well, actually his father was a mutt, and was more Italian and a mix of races including one and a half percent black.  But my grandkids have lots of genes from the Scandinavia area and the diets are far from compatible to be healthy...they cannot eat like hispanics and cannot eat like Finns need to eat to stay healthy....lots of differences in the nitrogen enzyme cycles and in IGE and IGA resulted.  I cannot test on myself to confirm if things I know will work for them.  And when my grandson got healthy, he was out riding his bike around town and broke his forearm bones when he went over the handlebars, immediately the daughter start feeding him crap again so he did not have energy to do anything and he has been at the doctors with metabolic issues and other health problems again...way more than normal.

Was it worth paying all that money and doing all that research when the kids just went back to eating junk foods because they want to be like all their friends...no, but I tried and the supplements I recommended do help keep them somewhat healthier, but patching a tube when running a bike over naily boards does not fix anything.  Just because it is Schwamm junk food does not mean it is healthy.  Before my grandson flew over the handlebars their whole family was doing better, prediabetes in the kids disappeared, and then after they returned to the junk food it came back again.

Very interesting!

Messages In This Thread
Anyone do the Ancestry Thing? - by Schmoe1 - 04-06-2022, 02:58 AM
RE: Anyone do the Ancestry Thing? - by Ninurta - 04-06-2022, 03:35 AM
RE: Anyone do the Ancestry Thing? - by Schmoe1 - 04-06-2022, 04:01 AM
RE: Anyone do the Ancestry Thing? - by Ninurta - 04-06-2022, 04:29 AM
RE: Anyone do the Ancestry Thing? - by Ninurta - 04-06-2022, 01:34 PM
RE: Anyone do the Ancestry Thing? - by Schmoe1 - 04-06-2022, 10:16 PM
RE: Anyone do the Ancestry Thing? - by Ninurta - 04-06-2022, 11:28 PM
RE: Anyone do the Ancestry Thing? - by Ninurta - 04-06-2022, 11:06 PM
RE: Anyone do the Ancestry Thing? - by kdog - 04-06-2022, 04:10 AM
RE: Anyone do the Ancestry Thing? - by Infolurker - 04-06-2022, 04:43 AM